It just fell apart - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2004, 02:31   #1 (permalink)
Sandwich Connoisseur

biggrin It just fell apart

After voting today with my parents, we went to do some grocery shopping. I waited in the car. Whilst I was waiting, a HQ ute drove past, then I noticed the right rear wheel was sticking out a bit far, and was going further out. 10m later half the axle, still connected to the wheel was just rolling down the road next to the ute at 40kph. He pulled over about 20m away from me, and I had to run into the shop where my mate was working just to show him the HQ's demise. But this was not the end. On my way out of the carpark, I pointed out the ute to my parents with much laughter as we drove up to it. The 3 bogans in a "fully sik bro" VL commie to see what the deal was, cut in in front of me doing a ewie and I had to hit the brakes. I just looked at the bogans, then the car, laughing my head off. On my way home I noticed the bogans right up my arse comming up to an intersection, spoiling a ton of large dents in the bonnet of his fully sik machine. The speed limit after the intersection went up to 60 from 40, and they were off, flying up my side and out onto the dirt in their crap box. Unfortunately with my parents in the car, my reaction was limited to flashing the lights and a one fingered salute. Its times like that I wonder the mentallity of these people. Despite the fact my car (see sig) would obviously crap all over their hunk o junk, they still go "my car is so fully siker then your falcon crap" and take off spraying rocks all over my bonnet and leaving me in a cloud of oily smelling smoke, tearing off around a blind corner at 100kph, putting other road users at risk. Is it just me, or do some people beleive that these such commowhores have below average intellegence? They are taken in by gimiky marketing, beleiving their VL is a v8 supercar, therefore having to thrash the crap out of it, and be a threat to other road users, to make it look "sik".

I was wondering though, how come you hardly ever see bogans in a falcon, thinking they own a v8 supercar? Which brings me to my point. I beleive holden big wigs and advertising gurus aim their add at, well, below average intellect people, dumbarses, that any commodore, is a lean mean street machine. Drive one because every other bogan does, look like a tool, because its the "in" thing to do.

But alas though I do have some mates who drive commodores, and are genuinely nice blokes, who know that their cars aren't performance machines, and drive and act accordingly. With all respect due to holden users whom surf these forums, car enusiasts like yoursleves obviously know that these add campaigns are hollow, and do not portray the facts that a stock family sedan doesn't have such performance. You are the cream of the crop and make an effort to make your car stand out from the crowd, therefore I salute you to the work you have put in, and if I see your car in a carpark, I wont get my keys out and do 600 bucks worth of damage, I'll go respect, and walk away, unlike this ever growing crowd of bogans.

I'm sure this also happens the other way around (ie ford bogan with similar intellect keying nice commo) but from what I've seen, to a much lesser extent.

I'm just having a bit of a rant and probably didn't make much sense or much of a point, I've got some nice stone chips to touch up tomorrow btw, but can some holden users share us some run ins you've had with the other side.

Donno

I6, 5sp Factory Manual , Wade 1636, Pacemaker PH4480s, HF Cat, Cat-Back 2 1/2" Mandrel Bent Lukey Zorst, Car-puter, XR Front and AUII Clear Side Indicators.

Dull Alloy factory mags, ooo yeah.

Proud TQE Operator
donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2004, 02:33   #2 (permalink)
Sandwich Connoisseur

Re: It just fell apart

Crap just read where I put it wrong, it was meant to go into the pub, can someone pls move it? I don't think I can.

Tah
Donno

I6, 5sp Factory Manual , Wade 1636, Pacemaker PH4480s, HF Cat, Cat-Back 2 1/2" Mandrel Bent Lukey Zorst, Car-puter, XR Front and AUII Clear Side Indicators.

Proud TQE Operator
Old 02-07-2004, 02:50   #3 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

Have you ever noticed how many Holden fans all wear the same shirts or jackets. You know, the same colour as Skaiffe's team colours. Red and white. I tend to think that the holden shirt, is the new flanette shirts. All they need now is the Ugg boots and the ciggy's up their shirts. Come to think of it, I've seen heaps looking like that. I think most of them are Collingwood supporters as well.))
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:20   #4 (permalink)
gone

Thread moved

And yes have experienced both sides of the fence, and they are as ugly as each other!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:55   #5 (permalink)
Sandwich Connoisseur

BTW sorry if I offended anyone, I was just venting a bit over how I have to spend my once free sunday fixing my bonet.

Donno

Proud TQE Operator
Old 02-07-2004, 04:02   #6 (permalink)
gone

Dont think you have offended anyone, and venting is all part of forums life.

:)
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 04:09   #7 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

yeh, most ford ppl respect their cars.. may have tonnes of hp..... but drive it hard a bitg, and cruize along.... today, on the way to emerald... saw lots of cars on the other side or the road, done up falcons just cruzing, and most P platers or done up commies, goin spastik!... overtake on inside, over double lines.. they are just idiots!....

on the other side, my mates respects his vl, give it a bit once in a whiel, but drives properly....

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

http://home.iprimus.com.au/diablo_vt/xeesp.swf
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:00   #8 (permalink)
Sandwich Connoisseur

I think after the v8 loss they feel somehow inadiquite and have something to prove, that they can be dickheads.

Donno

Proud TQE Operator
Old 02-07-2004, 07:44   #9 (permalink)
{';'}

I don't like to generalise or sound biassed, but the shopping centre where I work has all types of wankers "fanging" around in the car park. Cars that come to mind: Commodores (VLs, VNs and VSs) and Lancers. To be completely honest, I've probably only noticed two (fifty if you include taxi drivers) wankers in Fords driving at disturbing speeds in the car park. Why oh why? Tonight (technically last night), I saw two VLs putting the arse-end out around a 10km/h roundabout. I just don't understand the logic of these people.

Anyway, back to your post... It must have been very amusing to see a car lose its wheel like that! Too bad there are stupid people who can continue to drive a bucket of bolts that risks other people's lives on our very own roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 23:17   #10 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

Very nice post donno, so true yet well written, evrything u sed there happens all across the country... in my home town the weapon of choice is the VL commodore... best thing since sliced bread they are!!! beat a v8 supercar anyday mate... hahah lol, bloody wanks
Cheers, Shannon.

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub