Just a few thoughts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2002, 20:16   #1 (permalink)

Just a few thoughts

In all the excitement of the upcoming release of the new falcon etc, everyone is getting all pumped about it and for good reasons! The product that Ford is releasing should hopefully rid us of the bad taste left after the AU, not saying that it was a bad car.

Anyway back to my point. My concern (as a die hard Ford man) is that the apparent dominance in the Falcon v Commodore war that we are all crowing about doesn't seem to have alarm bells ringing at Holden.

YES the new 5.4 V8 etc s**ts all over anything that Holden has
CURRENTLY. Whats Holden's new VY range going to be like? That's a question i feel hasn't been considered.

If its a power and a "my engine is bigger than yours" battle that ford is playing into holden's hands and they, IMO, are setting themselves up for a fall. What is tickford planning cos it better be something good (and i cant personally see ford bringing out a 4wd, twin turbo v10)? Put simply: IF THE BIGGEST AND BEST FORD CAN'T BEAT OR IS OUT SIZED BY THE BIGGEST AND BEST HOLDEN, THEN ITS GONNA FLOW DOWN THROUGH THE RANGE AS AN "IMAGE" TYPE PROBLEM, just like morons think that because holden dominates the V8 supercar series, ford is shit.
Thats what the sheep/morons believe and thats what the word on the street and at the pub is, we all know that.

Thoughts on this anyone?
subsbligh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2002, 22:59   #2 (permalink)

Wink ...

Admittedly there is not a lot of public information pertaining to the exact specifications of the VY.

It is entirely possible that with the release of the VY that Holden will have something special to surprise us with. Having comprehensively outsold Ford since the release of the VT in 1997, Holden should have the inertia and capital to be able to continue such a trend.

I doubt anyone has pondered your question as much as the people at Ford Australia.

The engineering and advancements of the new BA and the great work done by the people at Ford under the leadership of Mr. Polites, show a change in the way Ford Australia are thinking. I agree that the attitudes of some people will not be swayed unless Ford can also make a good show of it on the race track. But I think we can rest assured that Ford understand that and are revving up to take it to Holden both on the Racetrack and the Streets.

Put it this way. If someone had told you in 1998 that by 2003 Ford Australia would have released a Turbo XR6 and a Falcon with a stroked Mustang V8 engine in it. Would you have believed them?
EBFairmontS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 01:25   #3 (permalink)
2nd car....XR6turbo

I think that u have to remember that with the ford and holden still keeping the basic chassis, that holden still won't have the edge in handling. And also, i think the ride will be much better now with the rear suspension. If ford start winning on the race track, people will start buying the car again.
Old 09-02-2002, 17:06   #4 (permalink)
Motorbike rider

Well the fact that from first impressions the VY looks to be a bit of a lemon is good, and the aussie public are very superficial people, hence the AU sales flop.

From all rumours the VY is supposed to be a mild upgrade with not many real engineering changes, I would imagine that Holden are just being the arrogant cocky company that we all know they are.

Holden can not change the V8 till the gen4 which is still a while away if history is anything to go by and the lack of any speculation would indicate that the eekotec 6 will stay relativly unchanged.

Can anyone remeber how much info was around about the gen3 before it was released??
Old 09-02-2002, 17:41   #5 (permalink)
Krusty

IS this another ploy to starts Holden vs Ford war again?. :-p

The Ecotech is going to remain until the Series 2 VY. There are new V6's and including a turbo version too (Saab is looking at holden for it). Gen 4's are a little way off yet but there is talk for a hi-po camless 32 valve unit for the hi-po versions. Holden has been very quiet on whats on the VY model. My brother is itching out for the SV8 model to replace his V8 exec. If not the BA XR6 Turbo or XR8 on the list.
Old 09-02-2002, 17:59   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by EAFGhia
eekotec 6 will stay relativly unchanged.

i was under the impression that there was already an all new ohc v6 in the works.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 18:07   #7 (permalink)

I have heard that the VE Commdore will use the new V6 being manufactured in the new engine plant in Melbourne and the Gen IV is being released for the series 2 VE. :)

Ford Focus: The car that flies :s6:
Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 18:13   #8 (permalink)
Krusty

Nope I heard otherwise that the Series 2 VY ( around sept 03) will use the new alloy V6.
Old 09-02-2002, 18:48   #9 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Krusty
Nope I heard otherwise that the Series 2 VY ( around sept 03) will use the new alloy V6.
The Sept. Wheels talks about the HFV6 (High-Feature) going into the VZ! That sounds a little ways off yet.... Yay for Ford!

Until then, there are rumours that Holden will attempt (best word I could think of) to extract a few more kilowatts out of the old Buick mill.... 152KW NA to 180KW NA could be a hard slog considering how long its taken to come this far.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 19:00   #10 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

I think the ECotec V6 won't go harder than where it is now. Its just not possible.

Wasn't there a thread about this before?? Something to do with the engine being too unreliable to get anymore power out of?
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub