Just lost half my license - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2002, 00:21   #1 (permalink)

Just lost half my license

I was coming down Delhi Rd/Fullers rd they link up , Chatswood on Monday 30th December probly round 6 :30 and their was a falcon station wagon on the opposite side of the road pulled over to the side. As I got closer i saw "police" written on the side but it was 2 late to do anything i was coming down a hill and my speedo had crept up to about 80 kmh in a 60 zone. so i think i just lost 6 points. I have been watching my speed so carefully too over the christmas break and i make it to the end and then this happens. grrrr. i saw the light on the top of his car flash. does anyone know if this means he got me because he was on the other side of the road. who would he have been catching. the traffic on his side of the road??? or the traffic on the other side. i dont know. i dont know why he was there anyway because anyone that knows that area knows their is a fixed speed camera 3 kays up the road.
ben_garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2002, 14:31   #2 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

he's there to prevent you from killing yourself and thousands of others for doing that tremendous speed........damn i'm a sarcastic ...........
actually he was there to get his quota up.
bad luck, ben, i'd be spewing too if i got hit at the bottom of a hill.
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 15:09   #3 (permalink)

Re: Just lost half my license

Quote:
Originally posted by ben_garfield
i saw the light on the top of his car flash. does anyone know if this means he got me because he was on the other side of the road. who would he have been catching. the traffic on his side of the road??? or the traffic on the other side.
You always hear people saying "I will be right he was pointing the other way." If they put the car on the right angle they can get both directions. Try getting done for 71 in a 60 zone across 6 lanes of traffic from about 700 metres down the road.(I have the photo). I'd say you are gone.
Old 12-31-2002, 16:41   #4 (permalink)
removed as previously discussed!

ben,

its possible he didnt get you at all, but also possible he did.

Sometimes they're unable to get the opposite side, but such a small road like that it might be possible that he got you.

Theres a few things you can do, you can claim you werent the driver and hoping you know someone overseas or with an international license you give them their details.. (dodgy but u keep your points!)

Are you sure there was no car going the other way at the time of the flash?

Also he has a button inside to manually hit the flash and sometimes they flash other vehicles on the other side of the road for the sake of it, as stupid as it sounds its true.. Ive pulled over one before with a friend to talk to one of the guys in those wagons and he actually explained a lot.. lol

So hope that gives you a big of free'er mind..

Otherwise, stop speeding thru double points!!
Old 12-31-2002, 17:33   #5 (permalink)

yeh i know i shouldnt have been speeding, it is my own fault. i just dont like having to wait a few weeks to find out if i got done or not. oh well bad luck i guess. i just can't believe he was sitting 3 kays from a speed camera on the same road.
ben_garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 18:24   #6 (permalink)

Is it your first offence? If it is write a letter to the appropriate people (vic roads?) and appolgise for being such a 'menace' to society and you promise that you will never do it again!
They will generally always let you off first time, unless you did something stupid....
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 18:34   #7 (permalink)

I thought that when police cameras were introduced the deal was that they werent allowed to put them at the bottom of hills.

Well thats what i was told in QLD
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 23:46   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by XR6MAN
I thought that when police cameras were introduced the deal was that they werent allowed to put them at the bottom of hills.

Well thats what i was told in QLD
If you had listened you would have also heard that the sign would be visible and not UNDER the car, and that they wouldn't hide the flash unit in a cardboard box/tree branch/etc. LOL
Old 01-02-2003, 19:32   #9 (permalink)
traction LTD

tuff luck Ben. try this, i was stuck behind 3 bombadoors going through Kangaroo vally on xmas arvo, when i finally got a chance
to over take (at nowra some 20ks latter) i went around all three of them at a round about, abit sideways,outside lane, infront of an un-mark
cop car. $173 and 4 demerit points latter im a little bit more careful. on top of that i got a speeding ticket in the mail
from 4 weeks prior, another $123 and 1 demerit point.
s*#t happens
Old 01-02-2003, 20:54   #10 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

When I did my defensive driving course at RAA, the instructor was saying that the cameras are set-up to get either one side of the road or the other, not both at the same time, he also was saying that cameras can't get traffic coming head-on after dark, as the flash will probably blind the driver. Maybe you could use that in your defence, there was a bright flash and i was momentarily blinded LOL
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub