On my car, it is being fixed, finally managed to get NRMA to make a decision. $7000 worth of damage, but none that will affect it or remain damaged once it's all complete, so the car should be fine in about 3 weeks.
I don't know what has to be replaced, but I will get the quote details from the repairer, and if possible I will salvage any parts that are still usable or suitable to try some stuff on or modify etc etc, and put them up for sale here. I dont know how I'll go with that, cos I dont know whats left, but yeah, if I can get any parts I will.
Being repaired using genuine Ford parts (no imitations etc at my insistance), and the front needed a respray anyway, so I guess this is one way of getting it!
I still say ban 4WD's in urban areas