Just saw some AV Falcons (edited edition!) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2001, 01:17   #1 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Just saw some AV Falcons (edited edition!)

I was coming back from ..................... and i saw a convoy of AV Falcons! There were no Tickford models that i could make out aside from the AUII XR8 chase car. From what I could tell about the lights front and rear, as well as the general proportions (car bras and taping aside) they looked brilliant and will more than answer all the current Falcon's critics. Geoff Polites is dead right in stating that they will be worth the wait! All I can say is that Holden better enjoy their success while it lasts, cos when this baby comes out with great looks to complement its engeneering depth and performance, GMH will no longer be so smiling so loudly. I got a hunch that this Falcon is gonna swoop on its prey like no other Falcon before ( XR-XY falcons excepted!)
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2001, 01:21   #2 (permalink)
ex-Ford owner

So the AV's are out there being road tested already, when we haven't even yet seen the AUIII.

I wonder if the AUIII was really worth it, and if they should have justed waited on the release of the AV and bought the release date forward (if that is actually possible).

Still, I'd hate for Ford to rush out a new model and then be plagued with quality issues.
XYFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 01:24   #3 (permalink)
Classic Capri Member

So what are the proportions like on the sedans.

Does the rear not curve in and swoop down anymore???

Tell us more.
IRPACAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 01:35   #4 (permalink)

I wanna be careful how much I say cos I agree with some other members of this forum that anyone can check this site (friend or foe) and I'd hate to jeopardise Ford's security. Needless to say criticisms such as AU's droopy tail (and to a lesser extent the front) have been seriously addressed and the new front lights are simply sensational looking. I wonder what the AV XR front will look like. It's gonna have to be something to topple the standard Falcon front! It's a more conventional shape at each quarter and that's all I'm gonna say. All everyone needs to know is your gonna love it, as will the general public. As Geoff said on this site; it's gonna be worth the wait.
Old 10-03-2001, 01:54   #5 (permalink)
BOF

hp, you say the lights look great? I find it amazing that you could make out the lights and front and rear of the car look like from all the tape and car bras usually found on the front and rear of test cars, take a look at pics of the AU1 test mule and no one can tell me they can see what the front or rear of the car looks like and whether it looked good or not.
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 02:57   #6 (permalink)
BOF

As I said if it was anything like the AU, and I imagine it would be even heavier covered than the AU was, no one can tell me the AU either looks great or looks like a pig, the whole reason for the covers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg au falcon.jpg (32.2 KB, 314 views)
BOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 04:01   #7 (permalink)

The carbra/taping was no where near as messy and OTT as it is on your AU attachment. I could make out the car's proportions and front lights very clearly as they were clearly showing through clear plastic. I liked what I saw and if i look at your AU attachment, that car looks just plain awful. If the cars I saw today were represented like your example, I certaintly would not be as excited over them as Iam. I understand your scepticism, but I know what i saw and I'm not one to over exagerate.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:10   #8 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

That top news HPDude. Pitty you had no camera, could've made yourself some money.

So do you think the car has alot of AUDI flavor to it as believed by the media??
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 19:16   #9 (permalink)

JEM, they didn't strike me as being particularly AUDI like (if you know what I mean). They seem distinctively Ford (which I mean in a good way!) but with major attention to the areas of the AU that got adverse comment. It would have been nice to get some snaps so I could look at them (to hold me over) until they properly come out!
Old 10-03-2001, 20:50   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

did u see todays cars guide in the age....apparently while driving round bachaus marsh some fellas driving an av rolled...One good way to test saftey i guess
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub