Just wondering - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2004, 20:33   #1 (permalink)

confused Just wondering

I was just worndereing if any other chicks out there have had their relatives/friends look at you as if you are weird because you enjoy going to the V8's? My grandmother is currently up from Vic and when she asked what i'd been up to I told her that I went to Willowbank Raceway to see Round 6. She just said "Oh I could never emagine you being into cars." Why do people have this idea that chicks don't dig cars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2004, 20:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: Just wondering

well im a guy but i can comment and say that the majority of the female population in general arent really into car racing (apart from ones that are into cars, and say would join up to FF).

my mum and sister always say "why would you wanna watch cars drive around the same track 50 times"

see im a bloke and even i get that!! they'll never understand
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 20:37   #3 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

It happens all the time .......

My immediate family are all OK about it .... Dad used to race .... Mum is quiet proud that I have his love of cars.

Most of my friends think Im crazy for wanting to sit & watch the races or go on cruises than going shopping .......unless its for car stuff of course

The best way of combating it is to ignore their jibes & keep on having fun

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 20:42   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano14
my mum and sister always say "why would you wanna watch cars drive around the same track 50 times"

see im a bloke and even i get that!! they'll never understand

tell you mum and sister there are far more boring sports to watch eg. tennis, golf etc...
Old 07-10-2004, 20:54   #5 (permalink)
E-series mutantette

my mum and her bf are proud of me being into cars , i just tell my girly friends to go to hell if they ask why i like it lol, i can like cars, doesnt mean im any less of a girl cause i choose cars over shopping or whatever
i got into cars myself, ive never had a dad around to teach me, my brother left home when he was 17 ( i was 13-14) and well my mums bf, well i dont like him, lol he just is lazy and doesnt care, then my two uncles are into cars but only holdens :( and i never got to see them so i kinda just learnt myself, and im still learning
Sub on the way!
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Pursuit_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 21:31   #6 (permalink)
FCT Queen Bee

All my immediate family are into cars, my dad rebuilds cars & also races cars, my older brother is a mechanic, my younger sister is into cars & my mum was forced into loving cars when she met my dad. My parents own an auto parts shop so its a family thing for me.. Although I'm the black sheep, all the others are holden fans, I saw the light hahaha

When us kids were young we would all sit around & watch bathurst each year with dad & also 'help' him with the cars, I still do now sometimes when I go back home.

Some of my closest friends though, they aren't into cars at all, but thats cool with me, they have their stuff & I have mine. Some used to pay me out but realise that its one of my things so they don't say anything nowadays.
Old 07-10-2004, 21:38   #7 (permalink)

I've had no probs with family and friends, they think it's great that I'm into cars. Strangers I have no probs with either, they usually start up convos with me about how good my car looks and ask what I've done to them. Mechanics I like, they always say how good it is to see a chick driving a V8 Ford. The only thing that has annoyed me is I've had a few fellas asking me "is that your boyfriend's/husband's car?". But it's all been good.
Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 21:56   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Id love to meet a chick that was into cars as much as me! I met a chick once and asked what kind of car her dad drove (she was a non driver who wasnt even interested in ever getting her licence. Big no-no in my books) and she said "a red one"! I was like, ok what kind though, ford, holden, nissan? and she said "I dunno, a big red one". Your outta there!
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 22:05   #9 (permalink)
E-series mutantette

lol brad, tell her to get hiking
Sub on the way!
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Pursuit_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 22:17   #10 (permalink)

lol, how can people not know what type of car they have? they have to register it don't they?

Make: Red
Model: 4 Wheels
Type: Car

Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub