K&N Filters in Sydney - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2003, 17:22   #1 (permalink)
'95 EF Fairmont

Question K&N Filters in Sydney

Where is the best place the pick up a K&N Filter for my EF Fairmont... Around the Parramatta or Epping area would be great.

BTW, this is my first post at FordForums... I just bought myself a EF Fairmont (a BIG step up from my 1969 Mazda 1500 ) at auction and I'm looking at some mods I can do to the car to get better fuel economy as I will be doing quite a few long trips. I will probably get a AU II XR8 snorkel for it too.

Any other suggestions?? I don't really want to be cutting holes to put in a cold air intake though...

Cheers
wombatef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2003, 18:48   #2 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

hey man,

welcome to the forums, im from down wollongong and i just picked my filter up from auto-one, if there isnt an auto-one up that way there may be a super-cheap auto.. they should also have them, i have a Rush flat pannel filter in mine, does exactly the same job as a k&n.. got it for around $90 which is cheaper than the $140 you'll pay for k&ns name.. yer but just go to your local auto-one or super-cheap auto store and they will have them.

by the way, did you have a RE in your mazda??

cheers, rob

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 19:02   #3 (permalink)
'95 EF Fairmont

Thanks for that.. there are quite a few Auto-One's and Super cheaps around.. I should be able to find something :)

As for the Mazda, I'm not sure what you mean by RE?? Do you mean rotory?? If so, no. It was just a stock standard 1.5L NA 4 cylinder motor... The thing didn't have much guts, but it was built like a tank!!! I had a few people run into me and all it would do was leave paint marks on my chrome bumpers :D I even backed my dads XD into the side of it one day - when I moved the XD forward the dint in the side of the Mazda just popped back out

I have a feeling the Fairmont won't like being bumped around...
wombatef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:29   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Welcome aboard matey. As far as 'fuel economy' mods go, I recommend extractors/exhaust, maybe a manual conversion and light-footed driving. :D

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:48   #5 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

Mate im at AutoBarn Villawood, cruise in and have a yak to us, we have them here on the shelf. Round $139. The difference between K&N and any other filter is the warrenty. 10 years or 1.6million k's. Take your pick.

ViGiLaNtE
Old 05-01-2003, 02:35   #6 (permalink)

i like that warrenty part :D
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 08:37   #7 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

Don't expect to much off a K&N, all i noticed was a tincy bit for economy, and made it rev slightly easier. Cheers.
Mason.
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 09:16   #8 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Hey wombatef, welcome aboard.

Try VPW mailorder on 1300 659904. They are based in victoria, but ship anywhere and generally have really good prices. I just got one, VPW Part number KN-33-2015 for $110 plus $6 shipping.

Also the AU II XR8 snorkle does not fit straight on, it needs some minor mods to the fan shroud. It shows you how at http://www.fordmods.com under 'Adding Tickford Snorkle'. If you don't want to mess around with that, get an EL XR8 snorkle which fits straight on and flows more air, but doesn't have the tickford logo.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 16:41   #9 (permalink)
EF & ZH owner

what difference do you notice when fitting the tickford snorkel? thinking about doing it..

EF2 Futura - 2.5" zorst - K&N Filter - 3" intake - xr8 CAI - Wade 1004-14 Cam - Pacemaker PH4480 xtractors - 15" stockies

77 ZH Fairlane 500 - 302clevo - straight lpg - 12 slotters

God bless the lord, Henry Ford.
XCHASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 17:11   #10 (permalink)

Difference with adding the intake snorkel is quite minimal. Its not something that will give you more power. Its more throttle response. The snorkel will let more air in as the tube is bigger.

The intake snorkel will allow greater airflow - in theory more air leads to more power. Major difference is felt on the highway. And for the price (around $30.00 from the local Ford dealer) its worth it. Better than paying big money for SS induction type stuff.

Best setup for induction I believe is Tickford Intake Snorkel, K&N Panel Filter, Herrod HPC Coated intake pipe (airbox to throttle body). I have all of the above except the Herrod intake pipe on my EF Tickford Fairmont I6. Intake pipe should be going in soon.

So yes, definately get the Tickford snorkel. You won't regret it.
PEGASUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub