Kenaz joins the darkside! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2004, 05:03   #1 (permalink)

Kenaz joins the darkside!

That's right! Today I picked up my new ride a 97 VSII Berlina. People on the Friday night cruise last week found out then, but I didn't want to tell too many people before I picked it up today.

The EA has been great to me, but it's time to move on. I had considered several cars, but I always knew what I wanted in the back of my mind and now I have it. I has only 75,000K's which is very decent, the average VS has about 140-150,000.

Mine is a lovely silver colour and has all the usual Berlina things like power everything, ABS and nice trim. It also has the optional passenger airbag. For those of you who are open minded I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

I just need to do a few things to the EA and then it will be on the market in a week or so. I haven't worked out what I want for it yet, but I'll do some research and come up with a price.

I still plan to be an active member of the club so I might have to start catching lifts to the meets in future, but I'll probably take the VS on unofficial meets like last Friday night. I'll see y'all around...

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2004, 06:43   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: Kenaz joins the darkside!

Congrats on the purchase, I'm sure it's something you've looked into and thought out, so i'm not gonna bag you out for it. Whatever makes you happy!
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 07:40   #3 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

It'll be sad to see the EA leave the club, how about wee all start a "keep Ash's EA in the E-series club... charity.....thingy..... oh I'll just shutup now

Good purchase, not a road i'd personally go down, but sounds like your happy, so congrats :)

What are the plans for this car??? You'd prolly need to do something pretty unique for it to stand out of the crowd, putting rims and lowering isn't exactly gunna make it unique amongst the other million or so holdens out there with the same mods
Old 02-13-2004, 08:29   #4 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

i know a 4L I6 from an AU into the holden.......would make for a good talking point.

Well done mate, you will be one of the few holden drivers weary about taking on some E-series (rightfully so!)

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:28   #5 (permalink)

shame to see the EA leaving :)
hopefully the VS is as good to you as the EA has been, can't wait to see it :)
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 13:29   #6 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Bah. Your out of the club.

hehe.

Why'd ya buy a new car when you only just put rims on. Get ya bro to buy the car keep it in the family. You won't need to catch lifts to meets, bring the VS so we have a holden to bag :s5
Old 02-13-2004, 15:19   #7 (permalink)

I understand alot of you guys are Ford men through and through, so I appreciate that you haven't flamed me for this. Believe me it wasn't an easy decision by any means, my EA is still a very good car.

Steven, I haven't worked out what I want to do with the looks yet, but mechanically I will look at getting a C.A.P.A supercharger kit within the next few years. You're right, it's very hard to stand out from the crowd with a Commodore, especially a VS but I have a few ideas in mind so we'll see.

Walky, I certainly haven't lost any respect for the E-series mate. I still reckon they're fantastic cars so you won't see me lining up a manual XR6 any time soon.

Karl, I figured there would be quite a few members that would opject if I were to drive a Commodore to the meets. After all it is a club for E-series Falcons. I'll still drive it along from time to time. It would be great if Damo were to buy the EA, but it's auto and I know he much prefers manual cars :(

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 20:34   #8 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
It would be great if Damo were to buy the EA, but it's auto and I know he much prefers manual cars :(
Yer shame, because we all know that an EA can't be converted to manual....
Old 02-13-2004, 20:49   #9 (permalink)
{';'}

Sad to see you leave the Ford clan
/me starts crying!

But whatever floats your boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 23:05   #10 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Well done Ash, I know you've waited for this day. I look forward to those pics too. I'm relieved to hear you'll still be a regular, unlike another certain person who upgraded to a VS.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub