Keys - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2001, 17:49   #1 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

confused Keys

Flicking through the owner's guide for the XR6, I noticed that it requires to coded keys to re-code keys to the car. It clearly says "if you do not have a second key, contact your dealer". Naturally I'm paranoid are security now, and when I bought the car I was only given I coded key. I rang the salesmen I bought the car from, and he claims they sells cars with whatever keys they get given, and that if I wanted a second key I should ring parts. Now, given that I've just forked out a large sum to buy this car, shouldn't they at least be willing to hand over a second key, as they would if I had bought it new? Starting to wonder if the after sales service is going to be much chop.... :confused:
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2001, 18:26   #2 (permalink)

It costs about $150 to get a second key and remote done on a AU1 if you only have one set.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 19:53   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

eek

You should have two sets venom. Get in contact with the saleman and tell him to pull his finger out. Doesn't sound right to me.. :eek:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 22:19   #4 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man
You should have two sets venom. Get in contact with the saleman and tell him to pull his finger out. Doesn't sound right to me.. :eek:
Having already rang the salesman, I decided to go up a notch and ring the used car manager. While he agreed it should come with two keys, he said he could only make phone calls to the original owners (which was Ford themselves!!) to see if they have the keys. If they can't track them down, the only choice again, was purchasing another key/remote myself.

NOT HAPPY JAN! :fmad:

I quite honestly don't give a flying rats arse where the car came from, if it didn't have two keys, then they should hit spare parts for a second set, and include that when they sell the bloody car. How much would it cost Ford themselves? Sweet FA! :mad: What's it going to cost me? An unnecessary $150, or more.
Old 05-29-2001, 05:15   #5 (permalink)
gone

Dont bother ringing customer service line, it takes them 12 weeks just to get back to you, send an email to the man - Geoff Polites - and see what type of response you get.

My EB came with one key and the deler refused to cut a second, after spending 12k I would not accept his answer and went down to the dealership and stood in his office and demanded another set cut.

It took Half and hour or so but finaly got my other key!:mad3: :mad3:
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 05:26   #6 (permalink)
How bloody Hot is it ??!!

and i thought i was the only one given the "that's the only set we got mate" line..
Bugger, i had the salesman bailed up in the office with the overactive two year old and everything and i still didn't get another set....

Fal con (flk on, fl-, fkon) n.
characterized by their long wings and their method of hunting, which is to rise above and swoop down on their prey.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 05:28   #7 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally posted by Chaps
and i thought i was the only one given the "that's the only set we got mate" line..
Bugger, i had the salesman bailed up in the office with the overactive two year old and everything and i still didn't get another set....
I think i might have had an advatage, being 6 foot 7 and some 18 stone, I can get very angry...very quickly.. esp when I know I am in the right!!!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 06:27   #8 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Dont bother ringing customer service line, it takes them 12 weeks just to get back to you, send an email to the man - Geoff Polites - and see what type of response you get.
I would email Uncle Geoff, except that I'm sure he has better things to deal with, instead of Ford customers with missing keys...

I'll see what I can do when I bring the car back on Saturday. In what I hope does not develop into a saga, I decided to test my power windows tonight. They added the new darker tint last Thursday before I picked it up Friday, and they told me to give them at least 48 hours before using them again. I figure 5 days is plenty. So when I attempted to wind them down, the electric mechanism seemed to be labouring in its attempt to pull them open. It's even worse closing them. Worse still is the passenger side. The rear windows (manual) wind up and down perfectly, so I'm not sure if it's the tint or the power windows are dodgy. :(
Old 05-29-2001, 16:49   #9 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

I'm like laminge 6 tall and 18 solid, dont take no **** from any salesman, dont bother talking to the sales manager either, he's probably a knob, stand your ground, if you want action you have two choices. In your contract you have a 7 day option if anything goes haywire. Or speak to the dealer principal. The owner of the dealership. I have done it before, he was'nt there so I caused major chaos and went and sat in his office and waited, they made a phone call and found him in five minutes. Park the car in the driveway, tell the principal when he's done the key's to drop the car at your house. You hop in a friends car and go back home, see what happens....
Old 05-29-2001, 17:28   #10 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

I actually managed to get 3 keys when I bought my SS - found one stuck down between driver's seat and centre console - they must have thought they lost it and coded another.

Having said that they forgot to put my ashtray in.

Also Laminge and The Doctor are excluded from any LS1.com v FordForums punchups cos they are big bastards.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub