Keys Part II - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2001, 20:45   #1 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Thumbs up Keys Part II

Seeing as the other thread degenerated into something I'd expect at www.womens-weekly.com.au , I thought I'd start a new one.

All is sorted. As promised, Ian (True Blue Used) traced the car up to Finemores, where it had 2 sets of keys/remotes. Apparantly Finemores don't keep track of these items during transportation, so we won't know if Finemores lost one set, or if Sinclair Ford did. Either way it doesn't matter, as Ian arranged things with Sinclair Ford, and after I contacted the general manager, a new set is being given to the used car dept. and all I need to do is turn up, have both recoded, and I'm set. :D :thumbup:

On a different topic, I spoke to my cousin who works at Broady on the line. Most looking forward to seeing the AV, even though he didn't say too much more than what most of us already know/suspect.
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2001, 20:53   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Re: Keys Part II

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom S
All is sorted.

On a different topic, I spoke to my cousin who works at Broady on the line. Most looking forward to seeing the AV, even though he didn't say too much more than what most of us already know/suspect.
Good to see Venom. Amazing what happens when people get their arses kicked isn't it. :rolleyes:

Just like to raise a point on upcoming info. If you know this info is bonafide can we please keep it to email. Most things posted can be traced back to their source which can result in job losses/legal action. I'm not worried about GP or HJ finding out, it's the other lurkers from GM-H, and various media outlets that have me worried. The last thing we need is to give GM-H a heads up on whats going to appear.
If anyone has any questions please send me an email.. :D :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 20:56   #3 (permalink)
Formerly J-type

......... And me.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 21:27   #4 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Re: Re: Keys Part II

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man
Just like to raise a point on upcoming info. If you know this info is bonafide can we please keep it to email. Most things posted can be traced back to their source which can result in job losses/legal action. I'm not worried about GP or HJ finding out, it's the other lurkers from GM-H, and various media outlets that have me worried. The last thing we need is to give GM-H a heads up on whats going to appear.
Yes, you are right. Even though what my cousin and I discussed wasn't of major significance (ie, he didn't reveal anything I would have considered highly secret, as I'm sure there's much he doesn't know himself until they roll down the line) I would not want to jeopardise his position there, esp. as he has 2 young kids to look after. I'm sure GMH have better spies than forum readers, but your point is still valid.
Old 06-04-2001, 22:14   #5 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Re: Keys Part II

Quote:
As promised, Ian (True Blue Used) traced the car up to Finemores, where it had 2 sets of keys/remotes. Apparantly Finemores don't keep track of these items during transportation, so we won't know if Finemores lost one set, or if Sinclair Ford did.
I would counter the assumption Finemores (now Toll) don't keep track of the keys. On the vehicle survey sheet there should be a summary of ALL equipment in or on the car at time of pickup. This is normally checked at delivery and signed for by the receiver. Like I said in part 1 this is an important part of shipping Ford vehicles.

Anyhow, the bottom line is all is okay!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 23:00   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
I'm sure GMH have better spies than forum readers, but your point is still valid.
Sorry mate it wasn't directed at you, more to everyone in general.
You're right venom but you'd be surprised who reads these pages.. :wink2: :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 00:49   #7 (permalink)
True Blue Used

Re: Re: Keys Part II

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete

I would counter the assumption Finemores (now Toll) don't keep track of the keys. On the vehicle survey sheet there should be a summary of ALL equipment in or on the car at time of pickup. This is normally checked at delivery and signed for by the receiver. Like I said in part 1 this is an important part of shipping Ford vehicles.

Anyhow, the bottom line is all is okay!

Aussie Pete,
You are absolutely correct - there is a space on Finemores' survey sheet to record items like keys but unfortunately they don't currently use it! I checked this out with FVT's Major Account Manager.

Glad I could help resolve Venom's key issue.
Old 06-05-2001, 00:56   #8 (permalink)

good job. Glad to see things have sorted themselves out for you Venom
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 01:03   #9 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Re: Re: Re: Keys Part II

Quote:
Originally posted by True Blue Used
Aussie Pete,
You are absolutely correct - there is a space on Finemores' survey sheet to record items like keys but unfortunately they don't currently use it! I checked this out with FVT's Major Account Manager.

Glad I could help resolve Venom's key issue.
Having actually shipped cars, I find that inconsistent with what I see and have done myself (training is part of this issue). However, maybe there's an issue that FVT can address in it's weekly ops link. Have you mentioned this to the Account Manager?

As for resolving the issue for Venom, you have done a great job. Another example of why Ford is going to take over Holden in the future! Keep it up!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub