Kills of the month - July - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2001, 00:40   #1 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Thumbs up Kills of the month - July

G'day all. Just though I'd start this thread up so we can recount some of our finest kills for this month, I reckon we make it a monthly thing

I'll start the ball rolling... this arvo I had a lovely little encounter with a VT1 GTS, yep no GenIII!! Unexpectedly, I managed to get a cracker of a launch, and buggered if I can pull that sort of thing off 2 times in a row :D Yep, usual eyeing off at the lights, watching the adjacent set for orange/red, then warm the drivetrain with some revs. Green and I'm stepping off the clutch and the beast sits, then charges forward pleasingly from a near-perfect combination of revs and clutch work. All too rare these great launches :( Anyhow, 1st comes and goes REAL quick, whack it down into 2nd and plant the hoof again, up to 90k's. His nose is sniffing at my rear end and that's as good as over in my books!! :D Easing back down to the limit, he goes screaming past as only a defeated drag favourite does.. I get a glimpse of him as he goes streaking by. He's not a happy camper at all, scowling, swearing, looking like he's just found out his girlfriend is actually a bloke. Cue next set of lights - he's looking right at me, revving the GTS to redline in neutral... he wants revenge. Not today my friend! Nope, I decide to dawdle up to the limit on the change to green, and he's had enough. Puts the boot in and that's the last I see of him :D

Aaaah what fun! Ok lads, your turn! :damack:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2001, 00:47   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

frown

I killed a Hyundai Accent in the Festy on Friday night... :(

I miss my car... :(
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 00:57   #3 (permalink)

Who was driving the Accent?
a P Plater chic?? :-)

By the Way Mike! Nice kill!

Tim/Perth
Tim_EF_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 01:03   #4 (permalink)

Well done :D:D

Those HOLDEN powered VT GTSs are mid-high 14second car so that aint bad at all :D:D
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 01:08   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim_EF_5.0
Who was driving the Accent?
a P Plater chic??
Nah.. some dopey looking bugger.... oh hang on, that was he reflection in the window!! :D
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 01:15   #6 (permalink)
HORSE POWER FACTORY

Thumbs up

:damack: Since l've had the blower in l'm always running into pecker heads with Vommodores. An interceptor VL with turbo,
VT Genlll R8, a WRX sti, they'll never learn that when a FORD there beside them (a sleeper) that they're got noooooooo chance. :D :D :D
Blown BA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 01:27   #7 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

I can't tell you the satisfaction I get from blowing off especially the G.M product,they think they are so good,the drivers that is.They listen to all the crap that gets around the media etc about how good Holden are,they actually believe it,to be sooo disapointed,like that just should "not happen"!!The hard part is to stay cool and not burst out laughing,till they have gone..
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 02:02   #8 (permalink)

I managed to beat a VN SS off the lights this morning in the wet, Queanbeyan weather! Lights when green I planted so did the VN, I took off as fast as an AUTO Subaru wagon can while the SS just spun the bags and slid sideways. 61kw at the flywheel aint much but getting it all the ground through all four wheels means who cares? If they spin you go nowhere. BTW controlled(?) 4 wheel drifts around round-a-bouts is great fun, even with Holden fans in the car! Love All Wheel Drive!(hint)
Old 07-08-2001, 02:34   #9 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Space Shuttle again for me this month - buggers won't learn
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 02:54   #10 (permalink)

Hmm VT2 SS against space shuttle. Relatively close but 165+kw Holden getting beaten by -61kw Subaru? Thats what I like about Holdens.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub