Kloster Ford at it again. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2002, 23:42   #1 (permalink)
BSR Field Agent

Thumbs down Kloster Ford at it again.

Yes once again Kloster Ford have caused me grief.

Took my XR6VCT in today to have the window regulator replaced under warranty as it has burnt out after 3,000 km's and 10 weeks use. Simple enough procedure so I was told !!!!!!

Dropped the car off at 7.45am and was assured it would be ready for collection at 1.00pm. I left it until 3.00pm to pick it up and went to the service desk to sign it out and collect the keys.

Well you should have seen the blokes run for cover when I mentioned what car I was there to collect. I was left standing in the service lounge for 15 mins until the head Service Manager came out to see me. They had replaced the regulator however during the process they had:

Damaged the mirror and it needs to be fully replaced.

Damaged the window strip and it needs to be replaced.

Scratched the window tint and they had it re tinted without telling or checking with me. How did they expect to match what tint is was??? , and then redamaged the new tint putting it back in the door.

Scratched the side door under the mirror and window stripping.

The service Manager was very apologetic (what else could he be) while he was showing me through the new TE50 in the showroom trying to break the news gently.

They now have asked me can they have my car for 2 days while they fix all this damage.

These "FOOLS" are a joke, not just because of the damage caused but for the fact that you cannot leave your car with them without something or someone stuffing it up.

The company I work for no longer take its fleet of Falcons there for servicing due to constant problems with poor service and they now go outside of Newcastle to purchase new vehicles. I also voided the Kloster 3 year warranty on the wifes car by taking it elsewhere for tuning and servicing. Klosters service department cannot be trusted to get it right. (They busted her car last time it was in for warranty work).

No wonder the Holden Dealerships in Newcastle are kicking arse.

Nipper....
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2002, 00:41   #2 (permalink)

Unless the power window reg is REALLY different then the manual one, I wouldn't trust those morons with opening the bonnet let alone pull the car apart! I've only done 1 AU reg but I've done dozens of other cars and I can't see how they could stuff so much up. The question I got to ask now is. What ELSE have they stuffed?
Old 01-11-2002, 01:07   #3 (permalink)

Nipper that really sucks. Not wanting to take anything away from you recent experience but of the three dealers I have to go to I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Damage to paint and marks on the interior just as you mention are common. It gets to the stage where you add 15% to the service cost to cover the damage. If after the service the only cost is the three hours to polish out the marks and clean the interior then I consider myself lucky.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 01:51   #4 (permalink)
BSR

Anyone want to buy a mint AU2 XR8???

Nipper, take this further. Go to the dealer principle and not the service manager. I will be happy to go in there with you, and then you will see how they run!!!! When i go in there i have to ring a special number and only deal with one person!!!!

I have had enough too.........so anyone interested???

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 01:57   #5 (permalink)
Australian XR8 Member

At that rate, give them the car for two days and ask them for the use of their FTE loan car (XR8?).

While your driving in a car as good as your own, in 2 more days they should have trashed yours so much they'll have to give you a new one.

There are some very good Ford dealers who go out of their way to make the extra mile stetch even further. Unfortunately, for every one of them there's more who don't seem to want anyone to ever want to use their service dept again - maybe they are over worked and would rather you went somewhere else? Unfortunately, I think most big city dealers rely on fleet and lease type vehicles who have drivers who aren't the owners, so there are not that many complaints?
Old 01-11-2002, 02:12   #6 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

Mate - I'd be asking for their brand new TE50 from the showroom as a loan car.

I'm assuming the reg is inside the door so how the hell did they manage that much damage? Not even the high school work experience kid should have goated it up that much.

I'd be making sure I got some good compensation out of those guys - then after it's fixed inform them that your car will never be going back there.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 02:43   #7 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Quote:
Originally posted by XLR8

Nipper, take this further. Go to the dealer principle and not the service manager. I will be happy to go in there with you, and then you will see how they run!!!! When i go in there i have to ring a special number and only deal with one person!!!!

Give me a ring and I'll come in and join you both, and I'll bring my "bag of goodies". I intend to leave with at the least, an apology and a new pair of expensive Oakleys, as that is the least that they owe me..

Yep, count me in!!
Old 01-11-2002, 03:07   #8 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Nipper,
That would suck real bad, i know how you feel at a 100k service i had my car scratched. Definitly would be a good idea if you guys rocked up there an complained as a group, perhaps they might layoff a few people at Klosters as a result.

Hope things get sorted mate.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 05:02   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Shit guys.. This is out of control.
Surely SOMEBODY out there in FoMoCo can pull these dealers into line. This stuff is just crap. I would expect this sort of BS from a backyardie mechanic but from a Ford Dealer? Jaysus.. If this is the kind of BS that the majority of Ford Dealers are prepared to put up then I'll drive up and join you.
I'm really thanking christ that the dealer I go to has an impeccable record when it comes to serviceing and such. Such a shame I'm obviously in the minority..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:11   #10 (permalink)

as chucky said, this is out of control!

it's just NOT acceptable!

thank goodness my record with Thomson ford has been pretty good, without major issues. except their wheel balancer screwing up the front wheel setup. it cost me $80 or so to get the wheels cambered again, but it just hasn't been the same since. i'm getting more understeer, which i wasn't getting before they messed with it

geoff... if you're reading this, can't something be done?! this is bad business, and having a slight customer service background, it's unacceptable as a business practice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub