Know any hire co. with barra's yet? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2002, 04:48   #1 (permalink)

Know any hire co. with barra's yet?

Does anyone know of any Melbourne hire car companies that have BA falcons yet?
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2002, 05:09   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Couldnt say for sure about Melbourne, but Hertz obviously would have to have a few. Leaseplan as well brought a few as far as I know. Since they're all beeing recalled im not sure now, why thinking of renting one out for the weekend or soemthing?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 05:16   #3 (permalink)

I've always found renting one best form of test drive. Would give me a longer chance to use one in family/work situation. And as they say.. the best handling car in the world is always a hire car!!

Also, i don't think there is a full recall. As far as i know, the IRS doesn't have any "clips" on it at all.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:18   #4 (permalink)

Yep, saw a Hertz BA XT (White of course) In Albury on Wednesday nite (2/10/02) Had VIC reg on it.

Ford XR6 Turbo Blue Print, Auto, Premium Audio, Alarm,
Side Air Bags, and a few other odds and ends
richdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 05:25   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Richdave,

Your post just reminded me that I think Hertz is most if not all owned by Ford US. so they should be one of the first to get stock I would guess (?)
Old 10-06-2002, 05:37   #6 (permalink)

No worries, I was considering hiring one for a day or so but decided that since I'm going for the XR6 T that the ride wouldn't be relevant.

Ford XR6 Turbo Blue Print, Auto, Premium Audio, Alarm,
Side Air Bags, and a few other odds and ends
richdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 05:46   #7 (permalink)

Sat in an XR6 at President Ford on Friday night during their presentation night thanks to an invite by a salesman. Must say from what I have been told by my "contact' after his drive of an auto XR6T.. his words were "simply awesome". He suggested the auto was a far better drive because of the better match and far greater ease in keeping boost up although with that torque curve of 450Nm from so low down apparently an XR8 only does it better after the end of a longer run.

I envy your next choice of wheels, I'm "only" able to consider a wagon due to family reasons.
Old 10-06-2002, 17:15   #8 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Yep.... I plan to hire an XT for the weekend. Best way to test the things. No salesman and plenty of time!
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 23:56   #9 (permalink)

and plenty of burnouts! :)

Hired out a VX Commodore at $$$$ the other day and absolutely thrashed the shit out of it. $$$$ didn't really exactly give me quality service and at times, outright rude so i decided that i would return the favour, in the form of an internally damaged vehicle. I had the Commodore for two days and thrashed it. On the M2 i would put it in 2nd and rev to redline, holding it there for a while. That V6 Ecotec is an absolute bastard of an engine which runs out of puff after 5000rpm. In the morning, the engine was cold and when i started it, i kept it to redline for about 30 seconds. Bloody harsh. An hour later, instead of going around the roundabout, i went through the bloody thing. I then took it to the showground for a few runs through mudwater, rock and dirt. I also tested the suspension by hitting curbs at around 40, 50km's per hour. A few burnouts and i took it home and just hosed it down to get all the dirt off. I returned it and surprisingly, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the car. Whoever said that Commodores had shit quality are kind of wrong! Pretty sturdy piece of shit if you ask me.
DK3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 00:08   #10 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Hmmm.... Your actions DK3300, kinda concern me a bit but I would hope a Commode would handle that sort of treatment short term. Do that everyday for a year and I am sure it would be a different story
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub