Lack of depth in Ford range?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2002, 21:45   #1 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Lack of depth in Ford range??

Does anybody here think that if Ford OZ had a deeper, or more diverse range it would have at least narrowed the gap to Holden by a significant margin? Holden have the best small and medium cars in Barina, Astra and Vectra (from Opel, can'r give Holden themselves credit for these cars), whilst Ford only have the crappy Ka, and the not as refined Laser which cannot compete in this market segment. Why not do a Holden and import the new Mondeo (voted best Euro car by a German mag), Focus, and Fiesta. I know there's the cost of importing them but if Holden can successfully achieve this why not Ford?
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2002, 21:55   #2 (permalink)

I've said this a few times. Ford Oz need these cars to be on equal footing with the Dark Side, but the prices of them bought over from Europe is supposedly too expensive.
As good as the AV will be, Ford would still not look like getting anything like market leadership with the line up it's got at the moment.
Back in the 80's they had the entire line up on a competitive footing. Laser, Telstar and Falcon...Meteor as well.
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 21:56   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

If we can get the Fiesta, Focus & Galaxy people mover over here I reckon Ford would find a few less holes in their line up.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 22:27   #4 (permalink)

It would cost Ford OZ more to import the Euro Cars than Holden because Ford OZ dont have the Import Tax Credits that Holden have.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 22:44   #5 (permalink)
Saving for a BA XR6t

Quote:
It would cost Ford OZ more to import the Euro Cars than Holden because Ford OZ dont have the Import Tax Credits that Holden have.
Why does Holden have import tax credits?? Who gives em out? If u get what i mean
SIM EF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 22:48   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by SIM EF6
Why does Holden have import tax credits?? Who gives em out? If u get what i mean
From my understanding the more a company exports, the cheaper it is for them to import something as they recieve import tax credits based on the stuff they export.. if that makes sense?.. :oo1:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 23:49   #7 (permalink)
goooone

I wonder if a Telstar version of the Mazda 6 would be cheaper then the mondeo as a Vectra competitor
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 00:30   #8 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Quote:
Originally posted by FM

From my understanding the more a company exports, the cheaper it is for them to import something as they recieve import tax credits based on the stuff they export.. if that makes sense?.. :oo1:
Would exporting utes to the UK and taxis to HK help?? Do Ford export anywhere else besides these two that I know of?? Maybe this is another area Ford OZ should work on.
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 00:36   #9 (permalink)
Saving for a BA XR6t

Did you forget NZ? (does that count, in the import credit thingy?)
SIM EF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 00:48   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Ford Australia also export a limited number of Falcons to South Africa.

It certainly is our dollar that is killing Ford. We really do need some of Europe's Fords here. However, I wonder if Ford Aust aren't making that effort because of the poor sales of the Mondeo here.

The one good thing about the poor sale of American Fords in Aust is that the chances of an imported Falcon replacement seems very slim. The Taurus was a joke and (no offence to our Probe driving brothers) it was underpowered for the look of the vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub