le mans inspired GT by British - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2002, 23:23   #1 (permalink)

le mans inspired GT by British

New British car manufacturer Farboud unveiled its Le Mans-inspired GT at the Autosport International Show in Birmingham yesterday. The brainchild of businessman Arash Farboud, who has made the money to start his dream venture from a medical packaging business, the GT "is a Le Mans style sports car engineered for the road". Developed in conjunction with Swindon-based Dialynx Engineering, work on the GT project started at Farboud's Cambridgeshire HQ in mid-1999. It is built of lightweight carbon/Kevlar bodywork around a steel and carbonfibre spaceframe, and weighs 925-950 kg, depending upon specification.

http://www.4car.co.uk/jsp/main.jsp?lnk=211&id=3201

has the rest of the article!
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2002, 04:57   #2 (permalink)
Onxy - Slam

I am surprised with the 400bhp engine it has and how heavey it is it wont take off,LOL, and £85,000 could buy you a nice pratical car about 5 -6 times over but who needs practical, LOL.

Looks impresive ^_^

The Eccy Project <--Click it you know you want to ^_^
Troy Revill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 12:05   #3 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

It seems the Brits and the Euros have a thing for these OTT road racers , there are so many makers out there doing this kind of thing !!??? Are we a bunch of speeding nuts????? Then again who is it that has this kind of money ????? Too many lottery winners I suppose then theres the F1 Elite all living in Monaco !!!!!

Hey maybe one day John??? I know I'm a bit old but then i could start training my daughter (she's only 3) YEAH YEAH YEAH GREAT IDEA First woman driver in formula one , get rich off your kids !!!!!LOL Then I can get that lambo I always wanted!!!!LOL

John
The Flying Haggis
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 12:42   #4 (permalink)
Onxy - Slam

Sounds like a Good plan John me old mukka ^_^

The Eccy Project <--Click it you know you want to ^_^
Troy Revill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub