Legal...woohoo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2003, 07:07   #1 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Thumbs up Legal...woohoo

I managed to pass thru regency today pretty damn easy it has to be said.

That means for all you out there planning mods for the EF, the good news, heaps of good stuff is legal.

The engine swap 6 to v8...what i thought could be a source of some issues come inspection turned out be a mere formality, and in the words of the inspector..."you could have just rung up with the engine number and that would have been enuf" So all those considering a conversion to V8..it is 100% legal(in SA anyway)using the 6 crossmember, and thanksfully I am not suffering any leaks so it was all sweet.

As predicted my exhaust was legal, with absolutely no change to the setup whatsoever from when it was defected it made exactly 90db, the legal limit

I used stock xr8 springs and shocks, the xr fronts, where much to my surprise at the legal limit of 350mm(guard to hub centre) the rear was 40mm above the legal limit 340mm(and IMHO it looks crap)

17 inch wheels are also legal

My hidden washerjets(relocated under the bonnet)passed no probs at all, as did the mods to my rear guard line, with the measurement taken from the old(stock)guard.

1 week from legal to defected to legal again, not bad i reckon

I'm gonna try and post up a legal vs "as it should be" comparo, it's pretty good for a laugh..

Regards
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2003, 18:54   #2 (permalink)

Re: Legal...woohoo

post a pic of the car with the XR springs in it :D
good to see u back on the road.
hopefully the problems stop there :D
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 22:57   #3 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

They're the legal ride heights?? That's crap, that means my 4X4 EF is on or just below the limit.

Yes, you must post a pic.
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 00:46   #4 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

wicked daniel, great to hear mate :)
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 00:47   #5 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

After seeing it in the light of day, I am thinking it may be time to say goodbye to the Fairmont, wonder how much i'll get for a 50K EF

I've decided that if I can't have the car the way I want it, then what's the point of having it at all. Had enuf of cars and everything to do with em, soon as I get it the way i want it, I have to change it completely.

It looks so diff now, you wouldn't recognise it and too me it's all wrong

Last edited by fordfan351; 10-03-2003 at 00:51.
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:29   #6 (permalink)

good to see your legal again. but sorry to see that your so feed up your contemplating selling your pride & joy
Old 10-03-2003, 15:30   #7 (permalink)

sad to hear :(
laws suck!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub