hehehehe, I'm hearin ya, mate. I was alone for 6 weeks in mid last year when my mum went O/S and it was... interesting. Here are my solutions to your issues for next time:
1. dishes, if left in the sink for extended periods of time (7-10 days) are likely to go green or in some cases even black.
* Disposable plates and cutlery!
2. 7-10 day old dirty dishes STINK!
* See point #1. Also, Glen 20 is a great investment!
3. washing, if left out on the clothesline for 3-4 days is likely to get bird shit all over it, and you'll have to wash it all again.
* Hang a line in your laundry, balcony. verandah, etc. I live in a flat and we never use the outside clotheslines.
4. bread rolls go mouldy after two weeks
* Two weeks?!?!?! You're lucky. Mine grew penicillin after less than one week. :rdead:
5. cleaning is pointless because 3 hours after you cleaned the whole place up, it's going to be just as filty as before - sooner if you have someone over
* It's a vicious circle. Best thing is to try to not make a big mess in the first place, and/or clean up right after you're finished. Makes it easier in the long run. Or, um, you could just leave it for the oldies when they get back! :s3
6. having to do your own washing sux
* Not too bad, just set it and forget it. What sux is realising you've left it too late and you don't have anything to wear! This is where Kelli's point about wearing your daks for 2 weeks comes into effect. :oo1:
7. having to do your own cleaning sux
* See point #5.
8. having to do your own cooking sux
* Frozen meals and take-away food are wonderful inventions. Couple this with point #1. :s5
9. living alone for a week rocks!
* Hell yeah!
10. living alone for more than a week SUX D*CK!
* Hey, you've got a g/f to keep you company don't you?
that's it! i'm not moving out! i'd rather take shit from my parents than have to do everything myself. screw that...
* I agree. Much cheaper and easier to stay at home and sponge off the oldies, hehehehehe.
Oh, we also have a cat to look after. Gotta feed the little bugger and (here's the fun bit) clean his 2 litter boxes every few days. Oh yes, the joys of pet ownership and living alone...
It's sooo good to just be slothful isn't it???