A little help from everyone? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What car would you pick and Y?
BA XR6 Turbo 35 67.31%
TE Series 3 17 32.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2002, 20:43   #1 (permalink)
FPV

Question A little help from everyone?

Hey guys,

Ok this is the story, My old man is selling his AU2 XR6 and will be looking for a new car and he only wants a Falcon. In a years time i will buy the car off him and start to increase the HP to over 300KW i hope. Now i have to pick out of 2 cars that he has his eye on. A Brand new BA XR6 Turbo with 5Speed in Phantom OR A Very low Ks TE Series 3 Manual I like both cars and don't know which way to go so if you have any coments i would appreciate it.

Chris

420+rwhp
YTRY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2002, 21:47   #2 (permalink)
Tickford EL XR6

If you want upgradable performance go the XR6 Turbo. That turbo comb is good for 600 hp, but you'd need a new bottom end for that much. The 5.6l V8 is close to maximum tune (you could still get 300+ kW out of it) but it would probably cost you more per kw than the Turbo. The XR6T should also have better handling and the interior is much nicer (in my opinion) than a T3.
On the other hand, some people say that nothing beats the feel of an 8. The T3 is also a bit of an icon, being the last of an era.
Oh, what a decision you have! I hate to be in your shoes :)
*insert maximum sarcasm*
I'd go the 6, but that's me. In fact only the GT would stop me from buying the 6 (if I had anywhere near enough money to afford it).

Good luck mate. You can't really lose.
Tickford6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 21:58   #3 (permalink)

biggrin

Take both - I'll have the left overs.
Old 09-11-2002, 22:08   #4 (permalink)

I'd go for the XR6T as every new car is an improvement. Also as said before it would be comparatively cheaper to improve the performance.

Resale could be better later because it is not a AU????

By the way - BASTARD! :)

Ford Focus: The car that flies :s6:
Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 22:10   #5 (permalink)

I'd say the XR6 Turbo. It would be easier and probably cheaper to get past the 300kw mark, not to mention it's newer, and looks unreal! Not that the TE doesn't
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 22:39   #6 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Yep pretty well agree with all here. The BA chassis is a better proposition, as is the interior. The turbo engine should be a great performer in stock trim (love that torque curve!), and should have some superb aftermarket potential!
Old 09-11-2002, 22:42   #7 (permalink)
BSR

after seeing and playing with the XR6 Turbo.....i would be going the 6 turbo. (cant believe i just said that! 6 over an 8!)

12/03 FPV GT 725
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 23:12   #8 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Hahahah I love this thread so far. 9-0 after my vote.

Go the SIX!

The turbo will be a cult classic in the years to come and who's gunna want an AU with the Windsor V8 in years to come, even if it was the pinnacle of the series. The T-series will be thought of as practice for the GT.

No offense to any current AU, V8 or T-series owners.
They are fine cars but that's not how I reckon the marketplace will judge them in a few years.
Old 09-11-2002, 23:16   #9 (permalink)

Last of the windsors... 250kw.... V8 sound.... nuff said
Old 09-12-2002, 00:03   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Yeapers Go the XR6 Turbo mate, as for the reason why read my signiture. ROFL j/k. Not hard to get 280kw+ out of them later on.
Just like the Japanese sports cars, this Barra XR6-T will be unbelievable for modifications.
Strider ducks away incase AP brings up the half-dozen conspiracy theories. :s3 :s3

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub