Mark Skaife / Craig Lowndes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2001, 05:21   #1 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Mark Skaife / Craig Lowndes

Oh you gotta love gossip, especially when it comes from the horses mouth.

Mark Skaife was, when with HRT and still is 50/50 owner of Gibson Motor Sport. Craig left HRT because he was having a ****fight with HRT management, because and I quote "Craig you are taking the limelight away from Mark". Talks were put in motion and Craig was offered a driving position on the GMS team. Problem solved, Mark keeps the limelight on HRT and stay's Holdens golden haired boy. (arse licker). Craig makes name for himself, although Skaifey is his boss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2001, 05:26   #2 (permalink)

Sounds about par for that mob. Interesting though that I was on the understanding that Craig was contracted to Ford before the deal with Fred was done. Craig came first then Noel Watson talked Fred into talking to Geoff. :confused: :confused:
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 05:30   #3 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Sound's about right though, no matter which way it ended. Poor Craig having Mark for a boss. Wonder if Craig would confirm it.
Old 07-12-2001, 05:35   #4 (permalink)

Is Skaife still involved with Freds Team? Fred sold the team to Gary Dumbrell and then bought it back this year. Was Skaife an owner in Garys team as well or did Fred sell only his part of the team?
Old 07-12-2001, 05:37   #5 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

From what I was told tonight, Mark was 50/50 owner when he was with HRT, then he left for some reason, and then came back to HRT. Apparantly he still holds a shareholding in GMS rumoured to be 50/50. Dont know much more than that.
Old 07-12-2001, 05:42   #6 (permalink)

Ah I see. Feel sorry for Craig then because I think everyone knows Mark is part of the reason for the split. It is just a question of how big a part!
Old 07-12-2001, 05:47   #7 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

I think you got it in one. Imagine Skaife not being number one for HRT. **** imagine what would happen if Lowndes wins the series, Skaife will have kittens. That would also explain why he whinges so much now.
Old 07-12-2001, 05:57   #8 (permalink)

Does anyone out there believe that Craig wasn't the better driver when the two shared the Team cars last year. Two equal drivers at HRT was never going to work. Does anyone believe that the new car is so difficult to work with that Jason seems to be struggling so much.
Old 07-12-2001, 10:25   #9 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Does anyone believe that the new car is so difficult to work with that Jason seems to be struggling so much.
i think Bright is not far off the 8 ball beeing second In the championship Below gonzo...
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 14:21   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

confused

Quote:
Originally posted by THE DOCTOR
Apparantly he still holds a shareholding in GMS rumoured to be 50/50.
I don't think it's as big as 50% but he does have a slice of the GMS action. I'd say somewhere between 10-25% It's only a guess though.. :confused: :confused:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub