Mark Webber gets road raged!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2003, 03:03   #1 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Mark Webber gets road raged!!!

There's an article in todays Advertiser about Mark Webber getting road raged when he got out of a taxi in melbourne and went to pay delaying somebody behind him. Webber reckond he delayed the fella about 10 sec's and endend up gettting a mouthful of abuse as the guy sped up of up the road "like his life depened on it".
Webber also stated that Australian drivers where aggresive, impatient, arrogant and the worlds worst horn-blowers.
He goes on to compare aussies to European drivers sayin we need to be more like them.
Webber also lashed out at authorities for being more concerned about revenue-raising with speed cameras than educating motorists about driving etiquette.

Maybe the anti-speed camera people's in goverment could get some high profile people like Webber back them up and take it to the pro-camera govmerent tossers.
Wonder how long before someone in government tries to denounce his comments.
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2003, 14:17   #2 (permalink)

Re: Mark Webber gets road raged!!!

dunno about worst,in america they shoot each other over,lane changes but were in the top 5,i know this much he's right about the camera's and i doubt the goverment would even comment on such a incident cause it wont make em anymore $$$,they do enough of that with speed cameras.
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 14:37   #3 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

Hoon69, i highly doubt they all shoot each other. maybe 1 every now and again.

i have noticed that the closer you get to the city the worse the drivers (in brissie that is).

but i have also noticed on certain days of the week there is more idiots on the road.

and re: mark webber, no one deserves to be abused for paying their cab fee. that is just stupid.
was it the taxi driver or annother customer that abused him?
i hope he does something good with his profile and helps in the fight to get the cops to look at other road offences.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 17:40   #4 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

so why didn't the moron taxi driver park off the road rather than stop in the middle of it.
I would have abused the taxi driver as well it's not that hard to get out of the way.

**Edit By abuse I would have silently bubbled with anger and blasted past.

Last edited by carazy; 11-06-2003 at 18:12.
carazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 17:55   #5 (permalink)
gone

/me is design stages of a "laminge road rage kit" inclusive of a 2 stage flame device
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 19:21   #6 (permalink)
I am The Brain

I read that article too and was quite interested. Either the guy decided to scream at Webbsy because:

1. He saw he was a celeb and thought, "This is my chance, I can mock a celeb whilst venting my anger".
2. He saw a guy paying a taxi driver who had stopped for all of 1 second and thought, "Bloody taxi drivers, why didn't he pull off to the side of the road...I'll yell at his customer, that will serve him right".
3. He had had a very stressful day and thought he should scream at people for little things rather than take a chill pill.
4. He just didn't think.

I think it may have been a combination of all 4.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:15   #7 (permalink)
Mr Photoshop

I think the guy was screaming at Webber for extending his contract with Jaguar
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 14:04   #8 (permalink)

I'll have to agree that the drivers in the US aren't "shooting eachother over lane changes" on a regular basis. You may hear about an incident of road rage getting out of control and someone getting killed once in a great while......but we are not all gun wielding wacko's who pull guns on eachother if someone cuts us off. No matter where you are in the world, things will get out of control once in a while.

I agree 100% with you FordLover. Here in the US, the closer you get to a major city, the worse the drivers get. They turn into selfish, arrogant, impatient drivers who would much rather pass you on the right to get 2 seconds ahead of you than wait patiently for their exit that's only a 1/4 mile away. I have personally sat at a stop sign for 15 minutes in Las Vegas, NV trying to get across two lanes to get to the freeway onramp just because people were too inconsiderate to leave a gap in the bumper to bumper traffic.

Sad, but it's probably like that everywhere.....
Full 3" stainless Bassani Exhaust
32" BFG's/stock suspension

"No replacement for displacement."

"Our lugnuts require more torque than most Honda's produce!"
'92BigBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 16:47   #9 (permalink)

Maybe the guy was looking in the mirror waiting for someone to run up his arse???? meanwhile the taxi ignores the situation??
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub