Marketing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2002, 23:58   #1 (permalink)

Lightbulb Marketing

Since the Launch of the BA Falcon, I have noticed that Fords Marketing needs to be improved and that Holdens marketing is IMO is brilliant.

Just a few examples;

1) Ford Falcon wins wheels "COTY" and the insurance industries "COTY" and performance"COTY" under 57k and I believe there has hardly been any advertising except on the radio.

2) When the "Look a like Monaro" won the Bathhurst24hr, Holden already had posters printed for the fact that it had won the race.

We always seem to be behind in marketing and as we can see, it seems as if you've got the marketing right, that you can sell anything, just look at the commodore.

What are some of your ideas that you think Ford should use to sell more cars apart from giving them away!
harasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2002, 00:37   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

have some different ads.... the ones we see are quite good but get old quickly. Ford dont need to be as good as Holden in marketing.. they have to be better!!!

Also.. Holden ads seem to try to be more personal.. try to make the viewer identify with the person in the ad.. Ford ads (except for the XR8 ute ad!!) seem to be a bit more stand off ish ... my opinion anyway.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 00:49   #3 (permalink)

Advertising costs money, this is what FOA does not have at the moment. Ford only advertises when they know potential buyers will watch TV - sporting events (car racing etc). During these events there are heaps of Ford ads.

At the moment FOA is doing quite well with its 'lack' of marketing - refer to the November sales figures. Why spend more money where it really isn't needed?

FOA has a limited production capacity so there's no point advertising to sell more cars if they cannot meet up with demand - a waste of money. We can always do better in sales but trying to keep the business in the green means money needs to be conserved. We do not need anymore marketing to be like Holden because Ford isn't Holden. We should compete in sales figures not on how much $$$ we have for advertising. Let's put that $$$ back into the business. Makes more sense to me.

Goodluck to the team at FOA.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:39   #4 (permalink)

I agree advertising does cost money, but the saying goes "you have to spend money to make it!" FOA needs to do as well as it possibly can! Although its sales figures are good they need to get better. With production, we can actually build more cars than holden if we ran day/afternoon shift like they currently do. Even at the moment, the FOA production line is running 10hrs a day 6 days aweek. We need the incoming orders to be big enough to demand a second shift for the future, so why not promote the hell out of the BA now especially before the next crumpledoor comes out with newer motors and stuff?

I just figure that because their car appears to be inferior to ours in transmissions, engines, body structure and so one that their marketing machine must be good at pulling the wool over peoples eyes. Holden fans are generally far more supportive and one eyed about their cars than we are! Their marketing is excellent!

I drove a VY executive the other day. I generally class myself as having a balanced opinion and able to see things for their merits. I didn't like the commodore! It had alot of wind noise, you need a magnifying glass to read the heater controls and things like that. They are however alot easier for a tall person to get in and out of due to the better angle of the a pillar. Its interesting what different people see in a car. Friends of mine don't like the falcon due to not being able to open the rear doors far enough to get big feet out, and they are right! But to me that doesn't matter as I don't drive from the back and my three year old daughter doesn't have big enough feet yet!
Old 12-06-2002, 02:05   #5 (permalink)
EB2 Fairmont owner

Also, while we are on the subject of marketing, has anyone else realised how now that the BA range is more powerful than Holden, their whole marketing campaign has shifted to "how well a commodore handles" or "nothing handles better," etc. I just find it laughable because Falcons have been and still are a better handling car than a commodore. Just an observation anyways!

Cheers, Mitch.
blueovaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:27   #6 (permalink)
Why Not

[QUOTE]Originally posted by harasn
[B]I agree advertising does cost money, but the saying goes "you have to spend money to make it!" FOA needs to do as well as it possibly can! Although its sales figures are good they need to get better. With production, we can actually build more cars than holden if we ran day/afternoon shift like they currently do. Even at the moment, the FOA production line is running 10hrs a day 6 days aweek. We need the incoming orders to be big enough to demand a second shift for the future, so why not promote the hell out of the BA now especially before the next crumpledoor comes out with newer motors and stuff?

How will Geelong supply the engines for this second shift. We are
working long and hard hours now trying to keep up...2 shifts, not without a large capital investment.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:37   #7 (permalink)

Sales might be on the increase but they need to throw money into marketing the Car of The Year.

Ford has not had alot of luck (for want of a better word) to stake claim to this award.

just my 2cents.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:44   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk
[How will Geelong supply the engines for this second shift. We are
working long and hard hours now trying to keep up...2 shifts, not without a large capital investment. [/B]
Are not you guys doing a rejig of the manufacturing procedure of the head assembly line over the xmas break? what is the projected output per day after then?
Old 12-06-2002, 02:52   #9 (permalink)
Why Not

Quote:
Originally posted by harasn
Are not you guys doing a rejig of the manufacturing procedure of the head assembly line over the xmas break? what is the projected output per day after then?
I don't know about that. The head assembly currently runs two shifts, head maching is running 24/7. Blocks, cranks and conrods are also critical areas, even sumps are doing a lot of ot.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:54   #10 (permalink)

didn't know your all doing OT in most areas. Its good for you all at pay day, but we need more engines. I was in the engine plant a few weeks back fixing some engine on the weekends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub