Marketing (or the lack of) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2002, 17:49   #1 (permalink)

Marketing (or the lack of)

I know this kind of topic has been asked before but after discussions this morning with a friend I had to ask this question.

Why hasn't Ford advertised about winning the best family car and best sports car under $57,000? IMO they should be shouting from the roof tops about winning these awards. Even if it is only a scrolling text across the bottom of their current adverts for the Falcon.

I cannot belive that after the so succesful secrets campain that it has not been backed up by a "see, we told you it was good" type campain. I saw a 30 sec story on the news and that is it.

For an idea, now that Mark Webber is driving for Jag, they should have him here advertising for Ford, who owns them, saying that the XR6T is the best. Also, the rumour is that Minardi is going to Ford Cosworth power next year. You could get Paul Stoddart selling the Futura, another opportunity for cross promotion here in Australia.

So what do you think. Am I being to harsh and they don't need to advertise the fact because everyone knows or am I correct?

/end rant/

Ford Focus: The car that flies :s6:
Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2002, 17:57   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I saw a huge whole page add in The Advertiser (Adelaides paper) the day after the announcement. Most of the dealers have "BEST FAMILY CAR" and "BEST SPORTS CAR" plastered all over their BA adds and the dealerships. On the radio they also say "Come test drive the multiple award winning new Falcon". So it is out there you have just missed it all I think. Webber should take an XR6T and an SS and do a comparo - the Turbo would win easy. Then he should let Ford put "Endorsed by Mark Webber, Australian F1 Driver" in some of their Turbo adds.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 18:00   #3 (permalink)

Couldn't agree more!!! I have been very disappointed by the lack of advertising surrounding Ford's win at the Best Car Awards!!

But at the end of the day, I just don't think that Ford's marketing Department are that switched on!! Definitely a few cans short of six pack!!!

BUT!!

Maybe the good people at Ford know something that we don't about the upcoming wheels COTY awards?? While I don't think that they should have delayed bragging about their Best Car awards, imagine the impact of a sudden onslaught about Best Car's 2002 and Wheels COTY 2002!!

I just hope that somebody replaces those missing "cans" sometime soon!!!

Cheers
Old 11-24-2002, 18:11   #4 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

I also saw a full page ad in the Daily Telegraph (Sydney) after the award was announced, but nothing since - all I see is full page ads on how the Calais is full of technology and that it was made for corners.
Old 11-24-2002, 18:18   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom XR
I also saw a full page ad in the Daily Telegraph (Sydney) after the award was announced, but nothing since - all I see is full page ads on how the Calais is full of technology and that it was made for corners.
Now that really bothers me!!

Every Holden add including that new Astra had is selling the cars as being the best handling cars in their class??

Every road test says otherwise, but Ford have allowed Holden to claim the high ground on vehicle dynamics, at least in the eyes of the consumer!! It gives me the S$%#@ when I see that!!

Ford release a brilliant product, with a brilliant long lead launch plan like secrets revealed and then they seem to have dropped the ball with post launch advertising and have been autmanouvered comprehensively by Holden!!

God help me, but one day Ford will get something 100% right and given me a damb heartattack!!!
RICHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 18:31   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by RICHO
Maybe the good people at Ford know something that we don't about the upcoming wheels COTY awards?? While I don't think that they should have delayed bragging about their Best Car awards, imagine the impact of a sudden onslaught about Best Car's 2002 and Wheels COTY 2002!!
i think along those same lines, Ford might be waiting to find out if they win COTY, and then launch there advertising campaign, plastering us with those facts.
Barra_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 18:35   #7 (permalink)

I did miss the Advertiser advert but one full page ad does not make a campaign. I am sure it would not cost much to place the best car on the bottom of the current Falcon ad.

Here is to hoping that something is coming out with the COTY tomorrow.

Ford Focus: The car that flies :s6:
Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub