Mass Air Flow - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2007, 00:02   #1 (permalink)

Mass Air Flow

how do you know when to increase the spark intensity on the spark plugs when you increase mass air flow
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2007, 10:35   #2 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

Re: Mass Air Flow

um ok im gona try.
1 sentence and im a trylol
You Cannot increase spark intetsity like you can turn the heat or volume up.
unles your droping in msd coils and super plugs.
If you mean to decrease the plug gap, to increase the flash intensity go for it.
your plugs wont last to long and the only reason you would need to do that is if you have increased the compression, i,e, decked the block/head.
you put a turbo/sc on or your running nitrious.
which it does NOT sound like you are.
just off a guess i think your playing around with a late 70's , to 80's v6 or a v8
probably carbed. Please specify what your reffering to in means of make model year and displacement.
the mass air flow" describes a sensor usually located on the air intake system.
increasing it by means of a swap out from another ford or maching it open or hooking bigger hoses to it will thus not result in adacquate change's in due compression to need to under gap plugs. NOT JUST FOR AIR. you mass air flow meter may add more fuel as there is more air avaible, but not much.
plugs burn fuel, fuel burns with oxygen "air" so until you increase fuel you should not have to worry, because i seriously doubt u can.
Now upgrading your ignition coil,module,dist etc etc can increase how well you can burn fuel, and can help but just because u have done sumthing with mass air flow of any type other than nitrious, or a turbo please do not ask this question unles it looks like this.

"how do you know when to increase the spark intensity on the spark plugs,"comma" when you increase "correction"-> manaafold absoloute pressure or M.A.P. SENSOR"<- which i can drop my car title on this fact, your veichle does not have 1.

not

how do you know when to increase the spark intensity on the spark plugs when you increase mass air flow

-cronicus
Old 01-31-2007, 10:39   #3 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

Re: Mass Air Flow

you know what dont even play with ur plugs, its not worth it.
if you want more power "from a plug lol" get these
E3 Spark Plugs
there cheapier than irradium plugs and smoke em.
i can vouch for them but i also run around with ubscence fuel tune's sum times, and it burns it.

and please specify what kinda ford your playing with "and if you say its a chevy just leave, GO"

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub