Metallica;Some Kind Of Monster. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2004, 08:31   #1 (permalink)
Proud Aussie Girl!

Thumbs up Metallica;Some Kind Of Monster.

The Maddestman (a die hard Metallica fan) and I (a not so die hard fan), finally got to go and see this film/documentary today.

It was BRILLIANT!!

It really opens your eyes to what really happens behind the scenes and what the members (especially Lars Urlich *gags*) are like.

Now not being a huge fan of theirs I went, thinking I'll sit (and possibly suffer) through it. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have a new respect for James Hetfield now that I never thought could be possible.

So if you're a Metallica fan or even just like some of their stuff, get your backsides into a theatre and see it!

We went to the Nova in Lygon Street, they have great discounts if you have a health care or pension card, although the snack bar prices still suck.

I'm giving it a five thumbs up!
LuvinmyEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2004, 08:36   #2 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

Re: Metallica;Some Kind Of Monster.

Indeed it was well worth seeing, even for people who aren't huge fans of Metallica.

I have no idea how Hetfield didn't punch Urlich when he was right in his face at one stage, and I loved the way they included the "napster bad" flash animation...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 20:36   #3 (permalink)
tough XF

everyone that is a fan of metallica knows how much of a wank lars is

http://www.red-line.tk
RaTTuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 21:21   #4 (permalink)
.au member

I'm hanging out to see this, mainly for the parts involving Jason Newsted (die hard Newsted fan).

I dont think seeing it will change my absolute hatred for Hetifled and Ulrich - 2 of the biggest egos/assholes on the planet.
Old 09-18-2004, 22:13   #5 (permalink)
Now driving an XF Falcon.

back2thefutura, you should go and see it mate, it seems that the current members of Metallica can't make up their minds about if they like or hate Jason, they do go and see him play in another band and have nothing but praise for him and the band, but at another point they can't help but put him down.

Well worth seeing, even if only to laugh at Lars and confirm that you, like most other people, would like to punch him. Repeatedly.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 22:16   #6 (permalink)
Proud Aussie Girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I'm hanging out to see this, mainly for the parts involving Jason Newsted (die hard Newsted fan).

I dont think seeing it will change my absolute hatred for Hetifled and Ulrich - 2 of the biggest egos/assholes on the planet.
I think you'll be surprised at how your attitude changes towards James, trust me I used to think he was nothing but a big brainless oaf before I saw the documentary.

Well Lars Urlich, just when you thought your opinion of him couldn't get any lower.. well it will. I wanted to get up and punch him myself at one stage, then I remembered I was in a theatre.

Last edited by LuvinmyEB; 09-18-2004 at 22:18. Reason: god help me I'm just not that bright.
Old 09-18-2004, 23:10   #7 (permalink)
.au member

Yeah, i do plan to see it.

The other band that Kirk and Lars went to see Jason in would have been EchoBrain. He's now no longer with them (he got them started though), but he produces their albums - they have 2 out.

His (Jason's) current band is Voivod.
Old 09-18-2004, 23:19   #8 (permalink)
Proud Aussie Girl!

Yeah it was EchoBrain that Kirk and Lars went to see, and when they went to say hi to Jason he'd already left (or so they were told). Funny part of the doco that. I'm going to spoil it if I tell you anymore.
Old 09-18-2004, 23:27   #9 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

... that reminds me, about time I went and downloaded some more of their work. I've got no time for their attitude towards a lot of things, least of all, their bed-buddy stance with the RIAA.

Next they'll be sending the lawyers to suburban garages, to sue all the kiddies thrashing out "their" riffs...
Old 09-19-2004, 01:04   #10 (permalink)
Formerly ef_ghiaI6

im off to see it tonight @ knox, should be good
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub