MG TF - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2002, 11:58   #1 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

MG TF

Been looking at the BBC site today ("officialy" the only external site we are allowed at work) and found this . The replace ment for the MGF . Starting price is 15k (so cheaper than an MR2)

John
The Flying Haggis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newmg.jpg (14.5 KB, 17 views)
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2002, 12:19   #2 (permalink)
Onxy - Slam

Saw it in the paper today I dont like the looks off it. it looks like its been in the wind tunnle and they turned up the wind speed to much

But its probble a car what will grow on me, not a bad price tho ^_^

The Eccy Project <--Click it you know you want to ^_^
Troy Revill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 13:27   #3 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Yeah I was a bit put off at first cause the front grill but then I had another look it seems to be the photos that are out aint the best . But hopefully this front ends a bit wider and deeper than the original MGF , it could do witha bit more meaner stance . Oh by the way p*&^%ed off a VVC the other day (hee hee hee) but hey thats what you get for messin with the mighty V6!!!!

John
The Flying Haggis
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 18:00   #4 (permalink)

I saw other pictures of this car while I was scanning the net for news articles. I must say I like it.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 21:38   #5 (permalink)

The MGF is dead long live the new MG TF! MG Rover aims to lead a New Year roadster 'Rover'lution with its sports car, which will replace the top-selling MGF when it goes on sale next month.
This is the first official picture of the two-seater, which will make its world debut at the Brussels Motor Show next week. Prices are expected to show a small rise when compared with those of the current MGF, meaning entry-level cars will cost from 16,000, while flagship versions will sell for around 22,000.

Although it's similar to the MGF in terms of its mid-engined layout, the MG TF is radically different to its predecessor, featuring a new look, a fresh range of engines and revised chassis. MG Rover design chief, Peter Stevens, has also been hard at work on the car's details, and the newcomer boasts a sporty-looking nose with revised projector beam headlamps incorporating the indicators. The flanks have been reprofiled and the engine air intakes reshaped to give greater visual impact.

At the rear, a resculpted bumper houses larger exhaust pipes, while the bootlid now boasts an aerodynamic spoiler. To help buyers customise their vehicles, there is a wider choice of colours, including XPower Grey and Le Mans Green, as well as a range of new alloy wheels. Coloured hoods will also be available for the first time, with a choice of blue, grey and green.

Initially, four models will feature in the MG TF line-up, all powered by four-cylinder petrol engines. The entry-level machine is set to be the 115bhp 1.6-litre edition, the TF115. It will be joined by a 135bhp 1.8-litre version, called the TF135, together with a flagship 160bhp car known as the TF160. The fourth model is a 120bhp 1.8-litre CVT-equipped automatic, the TF120 Stepspeed. MG Rover promises that the entire range will be better than ever to drive, thanks to substantial changes to the suspension made by a team headed by the company's product development director, Rob Oldaker.

Whereas the old car was fitted with a linked Hydragas suspension system, the latest models feature conventional springs and dampers, as do its major rivals, the Mazda MX-5, the Lotus Elise and Vauxhall VX220. At the front, the MG's set-up of independent springs and dampers offers improved steering response and feel. At the rear, a multi-link axle promises greater stability.

In addition, Rover's engineers have increased the rigidity of the subframes on which the suspension is mounted, to improve driveability. There have also been several changes to the MG's interior, and these include revised instrumentation as well as new trim fabrics. However, the design of the seats and the cabin's ergonomics are expected to remain unchanged.

Meanwhile, MG insiders feel confident that the MG TF can maintain the MGF's impressive sales performance. Since its launch back in 1995, the two-seater has clocked up 77,000 sales, keeping it in number one spot on the sports car charts in the UK. Certainly, judging by this first picture, MG Rover looks to have a surefire winner on its hands once again.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 00:51   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Like Troy ,I think the car could grow on me but it doesn't grab me straight off.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub