Missing GT/GT-P thread??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 16:57   #1 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Missing GT/GT-P thread???

What happened to the FPV GT/GT-P thread in the FPV discussion forum????
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2003, 17:26   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

pulled down at ford/fpv's request i think it was ok till the pics of the GT from the FPV yard was posted
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 17:45   #3 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

I know Iím going to get smacked in the mouth for this, but I point you to this disclaimer at the bottom of the front page of the forum:

FordForums.com is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company, FOMOCO or any subsidiary or affiliate thereof. To our knowledge, FordForums.com and its contents are not supported or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.

How independent are we really if we delete entire threads at their immediate request because they're not endorsed by FoMoCo Ė they seem quite happy to use us when they can see some advantage, then turn around and slap us on the wrist when they feel weíve crossed a line they donít like.

We certainly werenít moving very fast to delete the world scoop VY Commodore pics when they got maximum press coverage, nor complaining about the extra exposure it scored the site!

Could we have not just deleted the offending photo (and considering how many people had already down loaded it, I donít even see the point of that!) and left the rest of the thread substantially as it had been?

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 18:05   #4 (permalink)
gone

pictures had been posted of the gt which where confidential dealer pictures.

We all have worked hard at maintaining the forums relatioship with Ford and will continue to maintain that relatioship, if they produce pictures for general public then thats fine!

I tried editing the thread, but too many people make reference to the pics and the thread is just stupid without pics so I HAVE PULLED IT until the emargo on pre release pics has been lifted
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 18:35   #5 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
...I HAVE PULLED IT until the emargo on pre release pics has been lifted....
Gary, do we know when the embargo will be lifted?
Old 01-22-2003, 18:41   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

24th I believe
Old 01-22-2003, 19:01   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

perhaps if I try to calm the waters a little here and point out that all of what was posted by russ was info avaliable to anyone, from their local dealership, this being the case we felt that it could not hurt if it was posted on ff. Unfortunately we were incorrect, and ford asked for the info to be removed. Due to the relationship we have built up with ford over the last 2 years, which we have benefitted from a great deal and which enables events like the raid to occur, we complied with their wishes.
As for the disclaimer at the bottom of the forum page, it exists to protect both us and ford if it didn't exist ford could well land in strife for something said on these forums that it doesn't endorse but because people see ford in the title, feel that ford endorse the comments, and then seek action against ford, who could then seek action against us.
Overall I don't think the occasional removal of embargoed information, is a large price to pay for the relationship we have with ford and the benefits we enjoy from it.
Old 01-22-2003, 19:25   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

By way of explanation and to further clarify what DK and Laminge are saying let me say this:

I made a judgement call and it was clearly wrong. That's life. I have made my apologies to DF and his people and we move on from there all a little wiser.

As pointed out above, the relationship this Forum has with FOA and FPV is a beneficial one to the membership here - and hopefully to those organisations as well. A win-win situation. Obviously the release of embargoed information places FPV (in this case) in an embarrasing position and gets the press offside as well - hardly a good position to be in when there support for the product is needed.

From my view the request to remove the embargoed material makes good sense if only for that reason.

It is (however) an ill wind that blows no good and we will hopefully take steps to improve the communication with FPV as a result of this judgement error on my part.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub