Mobile Phone? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2004, 03:23   #1 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

Mobile Phone?

My old T200 screen just died and I now need a new one. I don't have much money and have therefore been looking at the LG G5300 from vodafone(my current carrier) for $149.
Anyone have any experiences with these?
Also can anyone suggest another phone for under $200 that might rival this one?

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 03:27   #2 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

Re: Mobile Phone?

I dont know what trouble people have had with Nokias, but my 7250i is the worst phone i've ever owned. Never buying Nokia again. Sony Ericsson are quite good, but I dont know what phones they have under $200.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:41   #3 (permalink)

Speaking of Mobiles, anyone got a Sony Ecisson T610? what do you think? bloodly love the look of those wish i could afford one

Last edited by Ambrose_1; 04-20-2004 at 23:03.
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:03   #4 (permalink)

Never had a problem with Nokia always been great phones to me.
What's wrong with your 7250i phone ?
Cheers John

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria"
If you have an XR6, XR8, T-Series or FPV vehicle (GTs) why not join.
Motorsport,Show n Shine,Cruise days,Factory tours,Special events
FPV and XR Owners Club of Victoria

www.fpvxrclub.com
Extra's Leather seats, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Satellite Navigation, Reversing Sensors,
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:11   #5 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

Rob_O whats wrong with your 7250i??? ive just got one a week ago goddamit..... hope nothing goes wrong!!! mines been good so far...

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:42   #6 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_o
I dont know what trouble people have had with Nokias, but my 7250i is the worst phone i've ever owned. Never buying Nokia again.
I originally had a Nokia 5110 and it rocked (still does). Had that for 2 years or so and then 'upgraded' to the Nokia 8250 solely to have custom ringtones (Terrance and Phillip's 'Uncle Fukka' - much mirth was had when I got a call) and the blue screen. Along with these 'upgrades' I got the added bonus feature of a phone that would hang at semi-regular intervals. Pissed me off no end. So I had that for for just over 2 years.

My mate at work had a Nokia 8210 and his screen went interlaced. He wanted a new phone and a PDA so I recommended the O2 XdaII (also sold as i-Mate) to him. It's a Pocket PC 2003 based PDA that also has an inbuilt mobile phone. We both ended up getting one a few months ago. Costs about $1200 though... (Gotta love salary sacrifice!)
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmatic™) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothman™.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:46   #7 (permalink)
speedkills so snort Slowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_o
I dont know what trouble people have had with Nokias, but my 7250i is the worst phone i've ever owned. Never buying Nokia again. Sony Ericsson are quite good, but I dont know what phones they have under $200.

Same here..... I reckon my nokia 3210 rox in comparison..... Damn all of a sudden they build phones with cameras... Whats next phones that are whether stations and can detect coppers !!! (ha that'll b da day!)
http://www.freewebs.com/tzenu
crzyxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:54   #8 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

Barefoot_XR6,
I presently use an LG G5300 (got it for nothing as part of a promotion). If a phone can be "rice" then this is the phone. Lots of lights all over it, stupid on/off greeting songs etc. Overall it's not a bad phone to use, comes with a CD-Rom that lets you create a database of contacts and then transfer them to the phone. Has polymorphic ring tones, allows use of your jpg as backgroud etc.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:49   #9 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

Im generally having software problems, where the phone restarts itself sometimes, and unlocks the keypad itself (even if phone is sitting on the bench). My girlfriend has the same phone and she has even more software problems such as the radio not working properly. Also my games dont function properly. Recently some of my keypad lights have stopped working.

Some of this stuff just started happening a few days after getting my phone. I will be sending it away in a few weeks to get it done and software updated just before warranty runs out. I hope that there has been a fix to all this. I have heard from other owners that their 7250's have problems, but lets just hope it was a dodgy batch.

As for the 5110, best phone nokia every built! So damn durable and there are so many of them still powering on today.

Next phone Im hoping is the Ericsson T630. A friend of mine has one and its a damn sweet phone and rather easy to operate. When I was buying my nokia, I didnt wanna change to ericsson because Ive always been a nokia man, but I regret it all now.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 00:26   #10 (permalink)
E-series mutantette

i have a nokia 8310 and ive had it for bout 18 months and ive dropped on tiles, on cement, even dropped it in the car park one time, and its still going strong, a few scratches here and there but no major damage done to it, good lil phone it is :), u would think it woulda broke considering how small it is but it hasnt :), i havent found anything wrong with nokias yet. i'll keep getting a nokia i dont like any other kind.
Sub on the way!
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Pursuit_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub