Mocking up FPV parts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2004, 20:23   #1 (permalink)
'87 XF Ghia

Mocking up FPV parts

Hey guys just a few days ago there was some arguement by some ppl in another thread called "All BA Pics - Post here plz..." in the Showroom, somebody posted a pic of his/her car which is a BA XR6 with FPV parts on it

Well ill let u guys read all the posts, here is a link to the thread:

All BA pics - Post here plz.....

As u see at the end of that thread ppl were worried that the thread would be closed, so i have started a new thread here so it can be discused and everybody can add their own opinion on the topic....

Thankyou,
XFT
XG Grille, Front Skirt, Chrome tinted tail lights

Last edited by XFGHIA; 03-03-2004 at 20:25.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2004, 20:35   #2 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

Re: Mocking up FPV parts

This has already been discussed in a previous thread. Read here:

BA carbon fibre bonnet & more...

And that someone was JR, who has contributed his own car and his own time to this project.

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_
Old 03-03-2004, 20:42   #3 (permalink)
'87 XF Ghia

Hmmmm i never saw that thread b4, thanks anyway

but i just opened this thread if those ppl still wanted to talk about it... heheh
XG Grille, Front Skirt, Chrome tinted tail lights

Old 03-03-2004, 23:10   #4 (permalink)
I wanna eat your children

just read the 4 pages.....damn....but i like what he has done
Old 03-04-2004, 16:28   #5 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

On reflection, I probably over reacted to Maniacís comments in the Showroom thread and owe him an apology.

On the general subject of ďimitationsĒ I would just like to repeat this here.

Some people will love it, others will loath it. As is their right. Personal choice is what itís all about. Iím not trying to pass my car off as an XR8 or a GT, though Iím sure the uninitiated will be fooled or at least confused. If someone asks, I tell them straight out itís an XR6. The 6 badges were removed solely for photographic purposes for upcoming marketing material, and after a lot of debate on my part, as it perpetuates a deception as to the origin of the car, which in not something Iím trying to hide.

But I do like the bonnet, always said I was going to get one, and the GT wing is nice too, though Iím having a second one made without the center leg as itís more to my preference.

Many people on here do things to their cars that arenít ďmy cup of teaĒ but itís their car and I say good luck to them. The products this company is making - while technically copies Ė offer significant cost and weight savings over OEM parts, and I will admit to being impressed despite myself with the fit and finish of the bonnet straight out of the box (so to speak).

Iím actually quite grateful for the considered response the subject has received as a whole, as it shows weíre finally starting to move past the knee-jerk ďricerĒ response and into an area where we take more time to consider our own prejudices and opinions before we put down someone elseís ideas just because theyíre not ďour cup of teaĒ.

I wonít touch on the issue of legality. The aftermarket bodykit industry has been around for a long time, and will be around for a lot longer still.

That Ford/FPV is now starting to experience what Holden/HSV has put up with for years should be taken as a sign that they finally have something desirable enough to imitate if you so choose...

The simple fact is that itís going to happen. Itís only the wankers who make dodgy copies then run around telling everyone else theirs is the ďgenuineĒ article that cause the rest of us to be scorned.

Thatís not my aim or goal. I just want a car that I like, and if others like it too Ė well then thatís a bonus.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
Old 03-04-2004, 16:33   #6 (permalink)
SBR Supporter

Well said JR.
Old 03-04-2004, 18:22   #7 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Well, without reading the entire other thread, I personally believe that people who flop moulds off HSV and now FPV body parts are ripping off the OEM manufacturer AND every single owner who paid a premium for the OEM vehicle. Copies running around everywhere lessen the individuality for which a sizeable premium has been paid.

For those that copy the parts I sincerely hope FPV has the common sense to shut it all down. It doesn't matter how good the copies are, they should be stopped unless they are supplied in a specific way to genuine cars. Which makes that too hard anyhow....

Sorry, my personal opinion. Why not make something stylish and ORIGINAL - oh that's right, why spend the money when we can plagiarize????

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Old 03-04-2004, 20:25   #8 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Hope you haven't run out of your Ford issued tissues AP. Oh o
Old 03-04-2004, 20:58   #9 (permalink)
BOFH

I have to be careful here as I admired JR's bonnet and do think it looks good. That said I am someone who strongly sticks to staying as original as possible. Of course such things as lowered springs and anything out of sight (enginebay, exhaust etc) do not worry me but I I do feel than anything that makes a car looks like something its not (such as clear indicators and tail lights on a series 1 AU to give the impression its series 2/3 or the addition of Tickford/FPV badges to non Tickford/FPV cars etc) is a definate no-no. Thats just my opinon which is of course overruled but my belief that if you own the car you have the right to do with it as you please.

In the end it really doesnt matter but I for one like people to know what my car is (good and bad) and will never pretend it is something it is not.

Old 03-04-2004, 21:02   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
Well, without reading the entire other thread, I personally believe that people who flop moulds off HSV and now FPV body parts are ripping off the OEM manufacturer AND every single owner who paid a premium for the OEM vehicle. Copies running around everywhere lessen the individuality for which a sizeable premium has been paid.

For those that copy the parts I sincerely hope FPV has the common sense to shut it all down. It doesn't matter how good the copies are, they should be stopped unless they are supplied in a specific way to genuine cars. Which makes that too hard anyhow....

Sorry, my personal opinion. Why not make something stylish and ORIGINAL - oh that's right, why spend the money when we can plagiarize????
While i wasnt orignally havent a go at you JR and was just asking on legalities, what AP has said is how i to feel inside having just puchased a GT-P

I think that the product is a great idea and like what i see i just think its bad taste to see a falcon that wasnt sold as a GT looking like a GT..

So some mods would have been a good way to show the products as individual ones not ones that are copied of original FPV products

Last edited by Xtreme F6; 03-04-2004 at 21:04.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub