Monaro = Malibu Stacey....with a hat!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2002, 15:47   #1 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Monaro = Malibu Stacey....with a hat!!

After reading the post in the Melbourne Motor Show thread about how Holden brought Monaros in all different colors and how Holden (stupid as they are) fans get sucked in reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons.

For those who follow the Simpsons you may recall this episode where Lisa endures to create an intelligent Malibu Stacey, only to be overshadowed at the end by an ordinary Malibu Stacey.....with a hat. I reckon this has many similarities with the current situation. Ford create what is obviuously the more sophisticated and intelligent car in the XR8 and T-series (Lisa's doll), while Holden create a 2-door Crappodore (Malibu Stacey with a hat) and the stupid people fall for this ploy for what is essentially the same POS with 2 doors and a slightly different look (still ugly!)!!
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2002, 18:11   #2 (permalink)
Code Monkey

i agree fully
kinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 18:56   #3 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

I think you're jealous.

Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 19:10   #4 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

I started to like the monaro actually.I think if you're considering a Clubsport,the monaro is a more attractive buy.Full leather seats,10 stacker(if not 12?),side airbags and the back roof is actually nice!Mags and 5.7litre,coupe,all for $58.Certainly a good buy.Right Hobbes???
ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 19:22   #5 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
I think you're jealous.

Of what Hobbes?? I'll give it to you simply why I don't like Monaro:

1) It's a Holden
2) Its ugly, I think an SS looks heaps better!
3) More money less practicality and performance than SS (Even Executive V8 is faster)
4) Like all Crappodores, no way near as good a road car as a Falcon, but I'll give it this, I think its better than a Stang, but Xr8 and T-series is in another league compared to any Holden and HSV....even with 300kW.

All I'm saying is there is nothing to be so hyped about. I reckon the GTS sedan is a lot better than any Monaro or Monaro based HSV, yet did not get so much attention.
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 19:25   #6 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Quote:
Originally posted by ayman
I started to like the monaro actually.I think if you're considering a Clubsport,the monaro is a more attractive buy.Full leather seats,10 stacker(if not 12?),side airbags and the back roof is actually nice!Mags and 5.7litre,coupe,all for $58.Certainly a good buy.Right Hobbes???
Nah I'd go the Clubsport, the extra power would swing it in the Clubsports favour.

Wait a minute bugger the Monaro I'll have a XR8 Pursuit 250 ute. :s6:
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 19:28   #7 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

horses for courses ...

Back at the height of HDT, Peter Brock was once asked how he could justify building such powerful road cars - his answer was simple and still holds true today:

"People don't buy my cars to go fast - they buy them to cruise down Chappel St at 10kph, looking at their reflection in the shop windows."

The fact that the XR8/T3 are "in another leauge" doesn't matter one iota - these cars are as much about image as handling and speed, and image is something Holden has in spades at the moment.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 19:37   #8 (permalink)
goooone

So are you saying Holdens appeal to ricers Hobbes?
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 20:50   #9 (permalink)
RACE

In the defence of Hobbes, I think Peter Brocks statement is true. Most owners of these cars will hardly ever take their cars to the limit. They are all there for bragging rights and if course for enthusiasts.
Old 02-22-2002, 21:03   #10 (permalink)
GTHO4

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
horses for courses ...

Back at the height of HDT, Peter Brock was once asked how he could justify building such powerful road cars - his answer was simple and still holds true today:

"People don't buy my cars to go fast - they buy them to cruise down Chappel St at 10kph, looking at their reflection in the shop windows."

The fact that the XR8/T3 are "in another leauge" doesn't matter one iota - these cars are as much about image as handling and speed, and image is something Holden has in spades at the moment.
Once in a while you come out with something good.... for a Holden guy.
Don't get a big head though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub