Money can't buy somethings... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2002, 20:41   #1 (permalink)

Money can't buy somethings...

From the Daily Telegraph

Costly ... (top) the 1999 355 F1 Ferrari Spider on the showroom floor and (above) the same car after yesterday morning's crash

Two hurt in $310,000 crash
By ANNA COCK
19aug02
THE man behind the wheel of a $310,000 Ferrari had only been driving the car for two days before wrapping it around a pole on the weekend.

The 46-year-old man and his 34-year-old girlfriend – both from Sydney's outer northwest – suffered serious injuries in the crash which occurred on Victoria Rd, Gladesville, at 12.55am yesterday.

Witnesses have told police the blue Ferrari may have been drag-racing a white sports car, possibly a Subaru WRX , in the minutes preceding the crash.

The cars were heading west along Victoria Rd when the Ferrari driver lost control and the vehicle mounted the kerb, swiped metal bollards on the footpath then struck a pole.

Light rain was falling at the time of the crash, which occurred near the intersection of Gerard St.

The driver, from Windsor Downs, was in Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in a serious condition. He suffered a compound fracture to his right leg, two broken arms and cuts to the back of his head.

His girlfriend, from Riverstone, is in the Royal North Shore Hospital with a broken right leg, deep lacerations on both knees and a cut to her forehead. She underwent surgery yesterday and is listed in a stable condition.

In the hours leading up to the crash, the couple had enjoyed a night out at Birkenhead Point, where they dined at a restaurant.

Senior Constable Matt Hamilton, of Lane Cove Crash Investigation, said police are yet to interview the Ferrari's driver but are anxious to hear from any more witnesses and the driver of the white sports car, which has been described variously by different witnesses as a Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi Lancer and Nissan Skyline.

It is understood the Ferrari, a 1999 model 355 F1 Spider, is still registered to prestige car dealer Scuderia Veloce Motors in East Sydney.

The car is currently listed for sale on Ferrari's Australasian website at an advertised price of $310,000. The Daily Telegraph was unable to contact Scuderia Veloce sales manager Michael Lister yesterday, but it is understood the wrecked vehicle was a fleet car and was subject to a corporate leasing deal.

According to Ferrari Club of Australia data, there are just 1450 Ferraris in Australia, 485 of them in NSW.

Scuderia Veloce Motors alone sells between 70 and 80 of the prestige Italian sports cars each year.

The $310,000 asking price for the three-year-old 355 F1 Spider is almost cheap when compared with the price of a new Ferrari.

The current model 575M Maranello F1 is advertised for $577,000 – almost double Sydney's median house price.

Anyone with information about yesterday's crash should contact Lane Cove Crash Investigation on 02 9418 8742, or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2002, 01:28   #2 (permalink)

Damn that's a bad crash. Lucky he didn't kill himself or his girlfriend(i'm not sure if she still is after that performance).. it also shows that just because you got a ferrari doesn't mean you invincible....

2 things of interest though,
I wonder if the insurance company will pay for the bill since he was drag racing
and also i wonder if you could buy it at the auctions for the motor, their wouldn't be much wrong with it since it is in the back... wouldn'ts mind putting it in a cortina lol:s2: :s2:
Old 08-19-2002, 03:34   #3 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Light car, wide tyres, slight rain, powerful engine.

The result...

Should have given me the 310K. I would have put it to better use.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:14   #4 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

It almost makes me want to cry. Those Italian cars are just sweet!
Btw, anyone wondering the outcome of the race? That was my second thought after crying about such a beautiful car being destroyed.
Nah, the ferrari would have one hands down.

Silly idiot for even bothering.
I also wonder what speed he hit the pole at? Are ferraris a safe car to crash in? They didn't die, so it must be pretty safe.

Paul
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 17:48   #5 (permalink)

Reminds me of that scene from The Fast and The Furious, where they rock up to the lights in the Supra. At the lights is some tosser in a Ferrari with a good looking chick in the passenger seat. "Hey, what's the retail on one of those?" "More than you can afford pal, Ferrari"
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 19:05   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM
Light car, wide tyres, slight rain, powerful engine.

The result...

Should have given me the 310K. I would have put it to better use.

Ahahaha!!!
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 03:33   #7 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

yeah, i wouldnt mind my car becoming an XR8...a 3.5litre DOHC V8 that revs to eight-five and screams like a banshee all the way there!!!

street racing in the wet? he almost deserved to crash!!!!

feel sorry for him though, but if he can afford a Ferrari he can afford the insurance...

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 03:34   #8 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenaz
Reminds me of that scene from The Fast and The Furious, where they rock up to the lights in the Supra. At the lights is some tosser in a Ferrari with a good looking chick in the passenger seat. "Hey, what's the retail on one of those?" "More than you can afford pal, Ferrari"

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking as I read it!

Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 06:25   #9 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

Yeah, money can't buy a brain!

Good to hear that he didn't take anyone else out.
Pity he had to hurt his girlfriend as well.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:46   #10 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Note to all prospective Ferrari buyers: get license before buying car........:-P
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub