The Monza and the Ford 2300. Update #2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 21:24   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Lightbulb The Monza and the Ford 2300. Update #2

Well before I get this update rolling, Happy New Years to everyone on Ford Forums! I know it's a little late but I've hadn't had time to make the update sooner.

So, with that out of the way, my Ford conversion Monza is going along with shocking ease! The motor mounts for the 2300 into the Monza are none other than re-purposed 1968 to mid-70's Ford F-Series motor mounts for an FE connected to the factory Ford Pinto with the stock motor bracket! The only modification required was to add a spacer to one of the Pinto motor mount brackets. The ever so wondrous "torque arm" was shortened by 4 inches and the bracket for that to the C3 gearbox also works with no modification. Making this conversion far easier than any other GM alternative and will also last a lifetime! The Ford 2300 engine also uses less room than the GM 2300 which is a huge plus with me.

The C3, while not the highest in regard to preferable in comparisons to the C4 and C6, mounts in the stock location which is also a good thing and making this project have some notable ease.

But now that the engine is in the car, I'm ready to have something to eat, maybe watch a movie or video, and go to sleep. Have a great day everyone!
DaveFordMan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub