More 300+ coupe news - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2001, 00:20   #1 (permalink)

More 300+ coupe news

A little bit in todays paper (and no pete it aint worth scanning) seems to suggest the demand from both the public and some dealers will see the project go ahead. AEC want to sell them through Ford dealerships and are yet to discuss this with Ford. They have 10 orders for the coupe from WA alone.
Seems it may happen around the same time as the new AV model Falcon come online in 2002
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2001, 01:40   #2 (permalink)
gone

Ian

10 Orders will not get this car of the ground mate, nor will it be enough to get the dust blown off the blue print that have been shelved!

1000 orders may be worth the effort!

Even another 145 preordered mustangs wont get Ford moving in the states!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 03:09   #3 (permalink)
The Third Power

I see they had an ad in Motor as well, talked about a Aussie supercar, had a pic of a mazda I think :0

Not much info on the site though which is a pity
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 04:08   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
Ian

10 Orders will not get this car of the ground mate, nor will it be enough to get the dust blown off the blue print that have been shelved!

1000 orders may be worth the effort!

Even another 145 preordered mustangs wont get Ford moving in the states!
Personally I don't care for coupes so it doesn't really bother me at all. Having said that I have my eye on the new M3

10 orders probably is enough when you consider what they are trying to do. As far as AEC are concerned this is about the sprintex supercharger and in getting the car companies to see that this is a safe reliable system. The coupe is window dressing.
Doesn't even have to be Ford that takes up the chance to use the supercharger in the future, but the modular 4.6 was used for a very good reason They seem to prefer the Ford product but I think the main reason is that Holden are already there, if you know what I mean.
I suspect that this sort of development involves product planning of car in the US market.

ACCORDING TO THE ARTICLE They seem to think they have enough interest to proceed with the project inside a Ford coupe design. I don't know much about this company but the article used an example of a small project involving a natural gas conversion for Renault of 10 buses that now see's a contract for 350 being negotiated.

This company seems to be switched on and are bigger than I thought. The project is owned by two companies and does not rely on Fords support or funding.
Old 07-06-2001, 04:30   #5 (permalink)
EL Fairmont Ghia Member

Why not just run all the powertrain from the coupe on a T series, perhaps then they will sell more than 10 a month!!!!

Jas
VilkasMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 04:37   #6 (permalink)

Well I suppose if AEC gets their way, that might be the aim a bit further down the track. Reading between the lines, getting Australian manufactures (read Ford) to accept this type of blower is causing them some problems :(
Old 07-06-2001, 04:40   #7 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

There is a detailed article that I'm chasing up, I don't know if it was the one in wheels mag a couple of months ago though, but its worth a read. AEC are definitely gonna release this thing, with or without Ford. Here are some photos of the 300+ at the WA launch..
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 04:41   #8 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

there's more..
Old 07-06-2001, 04:41   #9 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

the most important part
Old 07-06-2001, 04:42   #10 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

last one..the rest at AEC's site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub