More info on upcoming goodies... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2001, 20:26   #1 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Read this...

http://www.automotive.yellowpages.co...election.jhtml

Kinda what we knew anyway... but the 5.0 sounds interesting... :mmm:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2001, 01:11   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Good tho as it backs up everything we have been seeing in other reports re 5.4 etc.The turbo 6 sounds good but look at the increase in cubes that mite happen at holden.I still hope there is room to up the modular cubes later on or sooner.Cubes rules.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 03:43   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Cubes is deffinatly the way to go. Id love a 5.8 or 6.0 moddular. A 230 kw turbo 6 sounds good even if its a sohc. Im beating there will be an XR6 version and a Predator {entry FTE} version atleast.
Also surely Fords not waiting untill 2005 to bring the 5 auto that Holden will get with the VY and Misubishi and Hyndai already have.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 04:58   #4 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Give me the power of a 400ci small block with the fuel economy of a 4.0 any day. I think this 5.4 (or the new 5.0) is going to be the baby that hits Holden hard.
OK, HSV might get the 400ci for the GTS and maybe a limited run R8 or something, but if Ford has the 5.4 in various output levels, the highest (320kw GT) being able to match or better the 400ci GTS, I'll take the 5.4 thanks...
Technology is going to be most important addition to these new engines. More power for less cubes is the current trend... and you need the technology to achieve that...

We have the technology, we just need it here, now... 'cause we ain't got ignition until we got the power...
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 04-25-2001, 02:08   #5 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Call me greedy but all that technology plus the extra cubes still sounds good.The 4.6 modular is great ,no denying that ,but the extra cubes in the 5.4 for the Falcon is better and of course 5.8 or 6.0 is wahooo.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 02:13   #6 (permalink)

I like the way you think there big block:)
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 02:19   #7 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Question

Would the 5.0 be the new motor that is going to go into the next Mustang. I think I read that it will produce 350hp out of the box.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 04:59   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Block Ford
Call me greedy but all that technology plus the extra cubes still sounds good.... and of course 5.8 or 6.0 is wahooo.
That gets a big yes from me too... I'm just a tight prick who doesn't like paying for juice!!... :CraZ:
Old 04-25-2001, 05:03   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam W
Would the 5.0 be the new motor that is going to go into the next Mustang. I think I read that it will produce 350hp out of the box.
That's the hot rumour for the Cobra anyway. I'm assuming the 4.6 will stay for the GT 'stang and the new 5.4 in the limited release Cobra R...
Old 04-25-2001, 05:08   #10 (permalink)

Using the ls1 as a guide, in standard trim the fuel consuption is not too bad. Ok they might be over geared but that is the whole point of a gearbox anyway and it the trade off is better economy when you want it then that can only be good in my book. My only concern about the possible purchase of a brand new motor is that history tells us that very rarely do manufactures get these things right first go and I don't particlarly like my cars used as test beds
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub