more performance - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2002, 22:26   #1 (permalink)
Mercury Silver XR6t owner

more performance

Well i got my XR6T a few weeks ago now and was just wondering if anyone has driven a auto XR6T because i think mine must have a problem with one of the sensors or something. I have only noticed recently because i haven't put my foot down until today. but now i have about 2200km on the clock so i thought it would be safe to turn off the traction control put it in 1st on the sequential shift and stick my foot flat to the floor and see what she can do and to my amazement, it feels pretty gutless from 0-60 and there is no way the wheels will spin. even when i am turning a corner it seems very hard to lose traction at the rear wheels, i find this kind of weird seeing that i have 240kw at the flywheel. It only seems to have power when i put my foot down while travelling at about 60km/h but off the mark it seems fairly slow. Does anyone know if this is normal. If not ill bring it up with the mechanics when it goes in for ins 3000km service.
OwnaXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2002, 22:35   #2 (permalink)

My BA Futura also fells gutless compared to the AU2 when using the sports shift. Have you tried just putting the gear leaver over to the left with out pushing it forward or backward? PEF or something comes up on the screen and this means the car is in Performance Mode. This has made a difference in mine.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 23:16   #3 (permalink)
Mercury Silver XR6t owner

yeah ive tried everything, I think that i must have a small problem somewhere, im told the wheels should spin when my foot is planted, being turbo and all
OwnaXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 23:27   #4 (permalink)

should've got a manual... sorry mate but no matter what the journos say, no auto box will ever be a manual.
subsbligh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 23:43   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

I think it has to do with the auto... My AU XR6 doesnt really feel all that strong off the mark either... Yet if I drop it at 60 I get a nice kick and I fly off.
AUboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 00:07   #6 (permalink)

Try getting the car dyno tested. Maybe there is a problem.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 00:25   #7 (permalink)
newxr8

Try booking in for a test drive of another auto turbo - and compare!
Old 12-27-2002, 00:57   #8 (permalink)

G'day OwnaXR6T

Try this:
1. Come to a complete stop
2. place shifter in 1st (left then up)
3. Turn OFF Trac Control
4. Place your LEFT foot firmly on the brake (not hand brake)
5. while your left foot is on the brake, very VERY slowly press the right pedal (accel) for about 5 seconds until the car feels like it wants to move but the brakes are stopping it.
6. very slowly release the brake
7. the back wheels should be spinning and your on your way to layering rubber on the road.

** Note, if you press the accel pedal down too quickly, the turbo will NOT boost up. I'll see if I can make a sml video and upload it to the forum.

*** Last note: do NOT do this too many times because your auto trans will not like you.

Cam
Old 12-27-2002, 01:08   #9 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

hehe
The old auto wheeli
mwuahahah
Old 12-27-2002, 02:22   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

There is no problem, its just a typical auto.

All autos don't like having the throttle to the floor on take off. The only way to get around it is to take off on half throttle. As soon as the car is moving then put it flat to the floor and it will take off like a scalded cat.

You should have bought a manual if you want to take off flat to the floor.

I've not yet driven an auto where this is not the case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub