Motivation?? Focus? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2004, 04:56   #1 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Motivation?? Focus?

Hi all,
Iwas just wondering what do you do or think to get motivated to do what is on your mind?

Lose weight ,study ,work or even that annoying backlog of paperwork.What makes you get up and say well I am going to do this???
Also what keeps you going on your way?
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2004, 04:59   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: Motivation?? Focus?

Simple, I have 4 kids to support. They are my motivation. If I ever give up, they suffer. I wont accept that so I never give up.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:59   #3 (permalink)
known as tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Hi all,
What makes you get up and say well I am going to do this???
Also what keeps you going on your way?
When someone more important than me kicks me up the ass...
When the same person refuses to remove ones foot until the job is done

RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:06   #4 (permalink)
in the chopshop workshop

urgency mostly lol

the closer the deadline, the better i work
oh and me car as well, seeing it in its poor state keeps me in my job.

then theres the letters from debt collectors, they tend to get me motivated to do something
Old 11-01-2004, 06:27   #5 (permalink)
Ford Enthusiast

the fact that each day an assignment is late 10% of the mark disappears, lol.
Quote:
the closer the deadline, the better i work
oh how true that is, heh
Old 11-01-2004, 12:09   #6 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Good answers. It seems that the "have to's" are the biggest motivator.But what about self initiative? How about saying I am gonna do something great and doing it?Despite all the risks?

I have found that despite alot of effort and massive success in the past that I am worse for wear .This makes me take it a bit easier,but I feel like I am sabotaging myself.However I take pleasure in what I have done and in the knowledge that Iam one of the top car installers in the country.

It appears at every corner that the government taxes our fuel,cars,undies,wages,houses,roads ,tollsetc.Ontop you need licences to work,insurance and all the rest of that crap.They make it feel like its not worth it.I feel like becoming a beach bum.Get rental assistance, have 6 more kids and not have to get up at 5am every day.
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:54   #7 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Good answers. It seems that the "have to's" are the biggest motivator.But what about self initiative? How about saying I am gonna do something great and doing it?Despite all the risks?

I have found that despite alot of effort and massive success in the past that I am worse for wear .This makes me take it a bit easier,but I feel like I am sabotaging myself.However I take pleasure in what I have done and in the knowledge that Iam one of the top car installers in the country.

It appears at every corner that the government taxes our fuel,cars,undies,wages,houses,roads ,tollsetc.Ontop you need licences to work,insurance and all the rest of that crap.They make it feel like its not worth it.I feel like becoming a beach bum.Get rental assistance, have 6 more kids and not have to get up at 5am every day.
Look in the mirror Stav. Now, once your a beach bum living on welfare tell me if you can still look in the mirror.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 15:22   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Not a lot actually, and I really hate it.

Seeing photos of my mate in Iraq puts me into my army mode of thinking again, then seeing my gf and mates here makes me not want to. Thinking of my grandfather makes me want to sign right up again. Impulses to sign up are usually followed by 3 or 4 days of trying to get fitter.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 15:51   #9 (permalink)
Miss Fairmont99

The knowledge that if I don't do the work, I don't have anyone else to do it for me. And that just means I get further behind. Then I lose my job, or get moved. And I want my new car too much for that to happen.
Old 11-01-2004, 16:11   #10 (permalink)
{';'}

This is an interesting topic. I find myself to lack a great deal of motivation - mainly towards my Uni work and learning. I guess it might be the cause of (x) amount of years at school, then a further two years at TAFE and now Uni. I'd really like to know what people do/think to actually sit down and get work done before the due date. I've buggered up a couple of times this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub