Motor Magazine - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2003, 05:56   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Motor Magazine

Is there a thread yet on the new Motor mag yet?? I got mine today but could'nt find a thread about it.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2003, 06:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: Motor Magazine

Quote:
Originally posted by DR XR
Is there a thread yet on the new Motor mag yet?? I got mine today but could'nt find a thread about it.
LS1 has a thread if you need to see what the dark side says.
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...5&pagenumber=1
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 06:09   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Cheers. Will be good when BA loses a bit of weight to improve in the necessary areas.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:11   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by DR XR
Cheers. Will be good when BA loses a bit of weight to improve in the necessary areas.
If the BA were human all this talk of excess weight would cause it to become anorexic.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:22   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Yeah but if it were human it would'nt weigh 1835kg luckily enough. I hope we dont see a HO untill series 2. I am not ready for a 1900kg Falcon just yet.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:26   #6 (permalink)

I have to say though, how come when the new luxo euro's come out with a hell of a lot of weight we don't say much.. i guess its because they have 320-370 kW plus and massive torque to match and no one can afford them.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:34   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Yeah i spose the points you mentioned and also the fact they all have about the same unlike when you compare Falcon to its main rival. I guess that alot of those German luxos are made for fast and safe high speeds as where we treasure handling,economy and low speed acceleration so much more and everyone of these areas are affected by weight atleast a bit.
Old 04-07-2003, 17:19   #8 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

The Jag XJ6 is only around 1550kg isn't it? It's a huge car but being aluminium has made all the difference. We went through all this weight thing with VT Commo and people eventually get over it.....

I understand that removing the hardtop from my Pursuit will give me a saving of around 100kg. We'll see on that one - maybe someone knows how much they weigh?

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 19:24   #9 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Also in MOTOR (woohoo, I got my subscription copy before the newsagents for once)

Ford Territory AWD to be I6 powered only. No V8!
Standard motor will be the Barra 182 - no surprises there - and MOTOR says the 240kw X6RT motor "....may be offered as an option.......the SOHC 5.4-litre V8 simply does not fit alongside the AWD transfer case."

Now I love the I6 engine comfiguration but I think this is a BIG mistake. Especially with the rival Holden products (AWD wagon & Cross8 dual cab utes) being V8 powered only when first released!

Your thoughts on this please?

Nick Hogios, the young Ford designer credited with styling the BA XR new front end, has been poached by Toyota Australia. What the &%$* is he thinking!

He must be gambling on Toyota Australia securing the 1/2 billion dollar Asia Pacific R&D centre from rival Thailand. No more boring Camry's perhaps?
Old 04-07-2003, 19:48   #10 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

Ah Hogios is gone ... o well shit happens I guess
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub