Motorbikes v Cars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2004, 14:18   #1 (permalink)
ESP
V8 GT pilot

Motorbikes v Cars

OK

I'm gonna put my flame suit on here.................

Is it just me or are MB riders getting more and more reckless these days.
Yesterday I was cut off twice and got overtaken from the left hand side on a single carriage way in a suburban street..............all separate instances and all in the space of one trip.

I spend a lot of time in peak hour traffic and I see a shite load of MB riders doin some real spastic stuff that is clearly endangering themselves and others. I've seen mirrors clipped and one guy doin monos like there was a show on !!!!!!!!!!.............and the all time classic was a couple of months ago where a group of us saw a rider actually get wedged in between 2 cars as he was approaching the lights riding in between all the cars.......

I'm not extolling the better virtues of car drivers here as I've also seen inordinate amounts of mindless car hoons as well................but lately, the MB crowd are really giving me the s***s.

It seems to me that there is no reciprocal respect lately. We're supposed to keep an eye out for them and they're just simply keeping an eye out for themselves...........and no one else it seems.

What do you guys reckon.........is there a new culture of bike riders with an "immortality" complex emerging, are the rules and expectations for bike riders way too lax. What's the general opinion out there.
ESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2004, 14:31   #2 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Re: Motorbikes v Cars

it will always happen, young guy's buying Porshe power at a da woo price...its the dodging thru moving traffic that gets these guy's kleened up, there hard enough to see as it is..
i have a bike licence havn't had a bike for about 6 years roads in Melbourne's Suburbs are a disgrace so is the weather lol...

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 14:41   #3 (permalink)
Chasing down oil leaks...

Too true I reckon..

Personally its REALLY SH!TS me when you are sitting at the lights and a motorbike will come up the outside and go to the head of the queue. Especially at roadworks, etc.

Agreed that if everyone drove motorbikes then roads would probably be less congested and not need to be as big, etc but thats not going to happen so until then obey the rules like everyone else..

Axeman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 15:00   #4 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

I gotta agree. Lately on the freeways they are swerving between lanes, riding on the emergency lanes and riding between cars (at 100km/h). I do look out for them, even give them way at times, but they need to be accountable for their own actions.
Old 11-14-2004, 17:31   #5 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

It sh!ts me how they have TV advertisements telling drivers to be more carefull of bikers on the road and look around you etc.. but the bikers themselves do what ever they want on the roads. I tend to change lanes if a biker is trying to overtake in between me and other cars, they shouldn't be there in the first place. This is the one thing that p!sses me off about bikers.

Saw a biker fly in between traffic and almost get wiped out as a car in front of him changed lanes. He locked brakes and then, p!ssed off, kicked in the taillight and then the rear panel of the car. I got his rego as I was right behind him and at the next red light, asked the lady if she would like me to be a witness. We had a chat and I gave her my details and the rego of the bike. A week later she rang me and asked if I would be able to make a police report of the incident? I did, and she later rang me to say thank you and the police have dealth with it, and that her car will be getting fixed at the bikers expense, and he had also has been charged. I hope that if and when this happens to me, someone would do the same. I'm a firm believer in what goes around, comes around, and the biker got what he deserved.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 17:35   #6 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

if you could cut your travel time in half during peak hour traffic, would you do it? if there was a grey area in the law regarding the action of lane splitting, therefore making it legal in some cases and illegal in others, would you do it?
One of the greatest attractions of motorbikes for me was free parking and quicker transit times.

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 17:41   #7 (permalink)
Da Da Dadada HEY dadadada

the only thing about them queue jumping is, it makes the queue shorter for you. It annoys me that they don't have to wait like everyone else, but on the same token if they did it would be annoying and make the line longer. So in the end i reckon them getting to the front at the lights and in roadworks is ok.
Schmaigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 17:48   #8 (permalink)
EFII Ghia owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot
if you could cut your travel time in half during peak hour traffic, would you do it? if there was a grey area in the law regarding the action of lane splitting, therefore making it legal in some cases and illegal in others, would you do it?
One of the greatest attractions of motorbikes for me was free parking and quicker transit times.
why would transit times be twice as quick as cars? it should be both the same, the rules for bikes and cars are the same.
mind you i dont mind bikers getting in front of the traffic at the lights, simply because it gets them away from me.
Old 11-14-2004, 17:49   #9 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
It sh!ts me how they have TV advertisements telling drivers to be more carefull of bikers on the road and look around you etc.. but the bikers themselves do what ever they want on the roads. I tend to change lanes if a biker is trying to overtake in between me and other cars, they shouldn't be there in the first place. This is the one thing that p!sses me off about bikers.
Yes, this pisses me off also. it's BS!
The ad's should be the other way around!!

I was driving down the freeway where oncoming traffic was devided by a 750mm concrete barrier. All I had to do is to swerve to my right, the MB rider would have gone over the barrier and hit the oncoming truck. speed of inpact 180+klms.....
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 18:03   #10 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Keep in mind that the only bike riders you remember are the bad ones...

Wow you ran into 2 bikers that were doin the wrong thing.

In answer to your question, no motorbike riders arent getting more reckless, you just happened to run into the 2 that were.

PS. I dont ride a bike.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub