Australian Ford Member
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Motoring Morons - Hall of Fame
Here are the entries for eternal annoyances, large and small, on the roads. All members please contribute.
1. People who think the correct way to merge on a freeway is to hit the limit towards the end of the ramp, then back off and keep slowing down until a really big gap appears that lets a 20km/h car in. The best exponents of this art sucker cars behind them into thinking they know how to merge then, just after the sucker behind looks over their shoulder to check the freeway traffic, stop for no reason.
2. People who don't pull up at lights etc where they mean to stay, so that everybody behind them keeps shuffling up forever, and the people behind me who get stroppy with me because I can't be stuffed moving a length in eight moves to no purpose.
3. Peope who don't move their car clear of the pumps before paying in busy servos.
4. People who do well below the speed limit and get through on the last gasp of the amber light while you cop the red.
5. People who carefully position their car between two groups of cars at a speed that prevents anyone else pulling into the gap from side streets.
6. People with unrestrained children and animals in cars. Leaving aside what's going to happen to the kid or animal, what do they think is going to happen to anyone in front being hit by 30 or 40kg at 50k?
7. People who put on their left indicator before reaching the street you're about to leave from their left, when they're really going to pull over past it.
8. People talking on hand-held mobile phones while driving, especially the ones who have to slow down to do it and try to turn corners that would be beyond them with both hands.
9. People who cross double lines on the apex of corners. The tighter and worse the corner, the more the double lines are worn out, from both sides. They deserve to meet head on.
10. People who drive with poxy little dogs in their lap and hanging out the driver's window.