Motoring Morons - Hall of Fame - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2002, 20:03   #1 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Motoring Morons - Hall of Fame

Here are the entries for eternal annoyances, large and small, on the roads. All members please contribute.

1. People who think the correct way to merge on a freeway is to hit the limit towards the end of the ramp, then back off and keep slowing down until a really big gap appears that lets a 20km/h car in. The best exponents of this art sucker cars behind them into thinking they know how to merge then, just after the sucker behind looks over their shoulder to check the freeway traffic, stop for no reason.

2. People who don't pull up at lights etc where they mean to stay, so that everybody behind them keeps shuffling up forever, and the people behind me who get stroppy with me because I can't be stuffed moving a length in eight moves to no purpose.

3. Peope who don't move their car clear of the pumps before paying in busy servos.

4. People who do well below the speed limit and get through on the last gasp of the amber light while you cop the red.

5. People who carefully position their car between two groups of cars at a speed that prevents anyone else pulling into the gap from side streets.

6. People with unrestrained children and animals in cars. Leaving aside what's going to happen to the kid or animal, what do they think is going to happen to anyone in front being hit by 30 or 40kg at 50k?

7. People who put on their left indicator before reaching the street you're about to leave from their left, when they're really going to pull over past it.

8. People talking on hand-held mobile phones while driving, especially the ones who have to slow down to do it and try to turn corners that would be beyond them with both hands.

9. People who cross double lines on the apex of corners. The tighter and worse the corner, the more the double lines are worn out, from both sides. They deserve to meet head on.

10. People who drive with poxy little dogs in their lap and hanging out the driver's window.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2002, 20:12   #2 (permalink)

The behaviour of these so called "motorists" is what causes a fair percentage of accidents IMO. These are the people the revenue police need to target more than the person doing a few km/h over the limit. I guess that involves actually doing some work, not just sitting under a tree at the bottom of the hill with the $peed camera pointed out the window.

Smoking and driving should rate a mention too I reckon. Hot ashes flying around and not gripping the steering wheel properly with both hands is an accident looking for a place to happen.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 20:27   #3 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

You forgot.

People who come to a complete stop at a round about when there is no traffic.

People who don't come to a complete stop at a round about when there is traffic on it.

People who come to a complete stop on an on ramp.

People who stay in the right hand lane of the express way when they should be in the left hand lane.
Old 03-27-2002, 20:37   #4 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Got to agree with Falchoon here. Smoking and driving... I just don't see how it can be safe. Sure unlike having a mobile in your hand connected to your ear, the cigarette can be rested on the steering wheel while it isn't in your mouth (when you hand has to leave the wheel)

Ashes in the car, butts out the window, smoke in your eyes. Unsafe.

Oh, and people who pull into car parking spaces in front of you, or the ones who park in disabled/people with prams parking spaces just because they couldn't be bothered walking far.
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 20:38   #5 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

People who don't indicate at a roundabout!

That just pisses me off soooo bad, a huge percentage of people do it here.
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 20:46   #6 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

[, butts out the window, . [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess it'd get more attention than just having your arm out the window, but isn't it awkward to drive in that position? And a bit cold?
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 20:46   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Fanatic
People who don't indicate at a roundabout!

That just pisses me off soooo bad, a huge percentage of people do it here.
Worse is people who indicate incorrectly at roundabouts ie indicate left when in fact they are going straight ahead:fmad:

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 20:48   #8 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Speaking of Queenslanders, there was one I forgot.

People who tow caravans and drive like they aren't actually towing anything, or not doing the right thing and moving over when they can.
Old 03-27-2002, 20:49   #9 (permalink)
must stay under 0.25 ppd.

People who run red lights....
Semis that pull into a busy intersection behind 2 cars waiting to do a right hand turn. Light goes red... One car... two cars.... semi next taking all the time up which is allotted to the intersecting traffic waiting to do their right hand turn.
Cars with no brakelights.
Drivers who let their cars wander over the road.
Road Ragers... theres enuff bullshit out there already without it.
Uninsured drivers.
Old 03-27-2002, 20:51   #10 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Re: Motoring Morons - Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S
3. Peope who don't move their car clear of the pumps before paying in busy servos.
I challenge this one! :s3 If the servo is busy, where the hell are you going to move it? If the car parks are taken up by slurpee-purchasers or if it happens to be the local 'Servo-nats' (as opposed to a Macca-nats or Kebab-shop-nats...) you'd be parking it on the street, which would make the staff a little suspicious.

How about we change it to people who dawdle getting back to their cars and get moving!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub