Moving! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2003, 06:54   #1 (permalink)

cool Moving!

Well, im moving house next week so unfortunatly I will be offline for a while!
The place im moving to CLEARLY has optus cables and an Optus box but they are saying that the service isnt avalible in that area. Its been about 4 years on there Cable Unlimited plan and now since i have to disconect i wone be abel to get the same plan! (Wich is why i think they are saying they ant connect there)
So my email address will be changes to a hotmail one for a while and my Website down frfom next Saturday the 25th.
Anyone recomend a nice cheep unlimited adsl ISP (Tho i dont want to use slowass adsl) that has no or little setup fee?

PHoeNiX_
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2003, 07:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Moving!

dart internet are very good. although i dont know exactly what you would consider cheap.
http://www.dart.net.au
$75 a month unlimited for 256k. might not be the cheapest but they are fast.
sign up for 18 months and its no setup fee. if you disconnect in that time its a $140 fee.
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 13:56   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesk
might not be the cheapest but they are fast.
Unfortunatly i dont call 256kbsp fast but ill have to put up with it or 512kbps!

Cheep is under $80 a month. I pay #82 at the moment for unlimited Cable and Phone with 100 free calls a month. Now im boing to have to pay for the ISP and another 25 for a phone line! F*#@!NG OPTUS!!

Do you use them. I want to know about the ISP u guys use and if they are any good, or what you have used and why u changed. There are plenty of cheep ISPs but they all go broke or are just shit, with constant disconnections slow seeds and most wont provide an ethernet Modem (not that its too improtant)

Cheers PHoeNiX_
Old 10-15-2003, 15:11   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Well, EFFalcon and myself both use Netspace, as well as many other happy customers I know of. You're looking at a hefty setup fee (with any ADSL ISP, not just Netspace), perhaps upto $400 including first months fees. The Netspace 512/128 plan is pretty good, but thats from someone who has lived with 56K for many years

Netspace, IInet, Westnet, Alphalink and a few other ISPs are all connected to PIPE and AUSIX, which allow free P2P traffic between these ISPs, and there is a P2P network setup. It will be nothing like unlim. cable, but it is better than 56K for P2P stuff.

As for quality of service, Netspace has been non-stop, high quality service for me, and you will get ~57KB/s from most sites (512k ADSL maxs out at about 57KB/s.. again, sucks if you've just come from 6000/128 cable)

Another thing too try is http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ (formerly broadbandchoice.com.au). They have a decent search feature, so you can judge what ISPs offer what you're looking for and for how much.

Good luck with the move and getting some decent "broadband" ADSL :)

James
Old 10-15-2003, 22:51   #5 (permalink)

Yer i have visited whirlpool and they are basicly just a list, i wnat to know how good they are! The "setup" fees for ADSL are rediculous! They dont even come to your house, you have to do it yourself and they think they can charge hundreds of dollars. Then most of them seem to charge to for tech support on top!! Atleast with cable you can see a guy come to your house, hang from a pole out the front and actually WORK for the cash! I dont know what there charging for. 2 mins of there time to enter my details into a computer, talk to me on the phone and give me a number to dial!
As you can probly tell im VERY PISSED OFF about loosing my cable! I cant afford a $400 setup fee (since i just put all my cash into the new place) but unfortunatly without it ill endup loosing more money so I guess Ill have to flog off some stuff this week :(

Thanx guys!
Old 10-15-2003, 23:50   #6 (permalink)

walk down to the local exchange and watch the telstra worker hooking up ya adsl if you want to see where the moneys going. there setup fee basically goes to telstra and shouldnt be too much more than $140 not including the cost of buying the adsl modem.
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub