Is Mt Panorama still open now? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2004, 04:44   #1 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Is Mt Panorama still open now?

Can anyone tell me with certainty,

Is Mount Panorama circuit still open with all the pit lane works?

I want to take my partner's young bloke to see the track and the meusem there after Easter and I'd like to know if the track is still drivable with all the works going on.

It's a long drive from here and I know that he would be very dissapointed if we couldn't get on the track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2004, 04:53   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: Is Mt Panorama still open now?

um im pretty sure it is a mate drove a bus around it the other day
THEONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:06   #3 (permalink)

Arrow Re: Is Mt Panorama still open now?

From what I can gather, yes it's a public road that you can drive around,
BUT it's one way only, and that's the opposite too the way that the RACE is run !!!
Old 04-05-2004, 05:15   #4 (permalink)
SM

From the front window it looks pretty open. I live about 80 metres from the pits and i can tell you the track is open all day every day. It is a public road that runs both ways. The pit construction has only just begun and there is a fair bit of work going on, it will not block any access to the track though. The museum is also completing a new wing and should be bigger and better in the next few months.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:16   #5 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Bathurst is a scenic route, and it's 2-way, with 60kmh speed limits around it all, and it would be heavily policed at easter. Last time I was there was in 2002 after the race, I did 2 laps of the track, then parked in the pit lane.

They have knocked the pit complex down, and are building another one, but i'm not sure if the pit lane will be open.
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:26   #6 (permalink)
SM

No access to pit lane at the moment. The best viewing of the work is up at hell corner and at the dunlop bridge. Whilst the police do come up and check the track its always pretty interesting up here.
Old 04-05-2004, 18:58   #7 (permalink)
Mulberry Rain

I bet you get a lot of idiots racing around that track when its open to public..

I remember that dad drove around the track when I was really little in his ZG Fairlane... but I can't remember anything of it (plus I could barely see out the windows anyway )
blueraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub