My Barra idea - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2002, 22:47   #1 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

My Barra idea

was thinking about how Barra is going to be more personalised with more optional extras etc and it got me thinking..

It would be great to have the XR6-8 and sporty T Series (non luxury models) with heavier weighted steering, instead of offering the 'light' steering across the board. I personally like would prefer slightly heavier weighted steering and it should fit well with offering an even more sporty feel and drive. Who nows maybe even a lowered seating position could be made available
Combine the two and you would have a significantly sportier feel to the car

Of course this would increase the complexity of assembly and therefore increase costs, but in my opinion would make Barra even better (although it would be too late for Barra)
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2002, 02:04   #2 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

Is this a serious post?

You can already lower the seats
Old 07-04-2002, 02:18   #3 (permalink)
FORDXR

heavier weighted steering on XR8

That would be a great idea :)
Old 07-04-2002, 03:20   #4 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

lower the seats???

"Watta Muzza"
Old 07-04-2002, 08:26   #5 (permalink)
4WD Jockey

wont they have electric lowering or sumpin?
LoverBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 08:52   #6 (permalink)
Australian AU 1 Futura Member

While I love the steering as it is, I understand those who feel one type of steering is too light / too heavy. I would like to see an adjustment able to be made by the dealer at no extra cost to suit the customer - even if it means replacing a pressure regulator spring in the power steering pump (would this do the job?). It'd be even better if there was an adjustable regulator like on most industrial systems - although this would involve extra cost no doubt.

The first thing I have to ask you though - is the Falcon's steering too light or actually just too responsive for your liking? Many Commodore or old car drivers when trying out the Falcon for the first time mention that it is too light for their liking. Many of them when questioned further will admit it is not the weight of the steering but the accuracy that upsets them most.

The Commodore is great for anybody who does not expect much from their steering or has gone from a inferior car to a newer one - giving a false sense of security on the tiller when in fact the sensation is due to it's dull unresponsive nature. I love my Falcon's steering because when I move the wheel the car responds instantly - something that can unsettle some people. It means the car does exactly what I tell it to - rather than waiting for some belated reaction and having to constantly be second guessing what I think the car will do. I hope Ford don't dull it's responsiveness to suit those who cannot cope or understand this level of feedback.
Duggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 17:26   #7 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

dont get me wrong i love the resposivness of the falcon, but i would love the responsivness accompanied by a firmer fweight the wheel- just a personal thing

By lowered seat height i mean more than the height adjusters. For me i still feel too high even on the lowest setting. I mean lower the seat rails 30mm or so- although that would go against what the typical (avergae) Falcon buyers wants
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 17:35   #8 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

Lightbulb My idea for Barra XR8s

This is my idea for the Barra XR8 and how they could use the V8 supercars to help market the new Barra

Offer a special edition or an option on the XR8 that associates the car with a V8 supercar driver. For example XR8 Craig Lowndes edition. The car could be black with silver trims, the same colours of the 00 motorsport team. For an extra cost, the buyer would get the special colour scheme, different allow wheels picked by Craig, different rear spoiler, signature on dash board and any other extras. A 00 motorsport jacket and cap could be included in the package.

I think this would bring 2 benefits. One, people can show their support for Craig and get a better deal on the car, plus it may make the car more desirable, if it wasn't enough already.

There could also me a meeting with Craig set up once or twice a year at a race track which new owners are invited to attend.

This is just my idea and I thought everyone else thinks.

Stephen
Old 07-04-2002, 17:56   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Merged threads covering similar things
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 18:06   #10 (permalink)
Future BA XR6T Pilot

No worries, I was just wondering where it had gone.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub