"My car is still faster" please! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2002, 05:54   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ocean Grove
Posts: 80
"My car is still faster" please!

I'm not sure if you guys have this happen too often, but there is a guy where I work who has an EL Fairmont(auto) with a sports exhaust and thinks he would show my new XR6T(auto) up. At first when he was boasting I though it was a joke, but this idiot is serious. When I explained to him how his car is 80kw+ less powerfull and has done over 100,000 klm he came up with "yeah but its the way I drive though". Hmmm... didn't know there was more than one way to put your foot to the floor. Anyway, there has been other similar instances and I'm always getting little punks in V? commodores (mostly) trying to race me at lights now too. Despite the fact that I can blow them away if I want, I don't understand the point in trying. Would I try and race a 911, no! Whats the point? It's a faster car. I find the whole thing a little frustrating.....
MartyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-20-2002, 06:08   #2 (permalink)
Ford Fan
 
XR6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 77
When I first got my EBII XR6 I had a few people in their commodores wanting to run me from either the lights or just cruising along. They must think that their commodores are the same as or similar to the HRT commodores, along with their mentallity "Ford's are S#@t Man"

I find if you drive an XR you will always get that from some people.
XR6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 06:21   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego
 
Troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,188
My best advice is: don't let it get to you. There will always be fools around driving Holdens, Fords and other makes.

Better yet, since you're in Vic, why not come with your friend to the January 26 Heathcote drags day (see: http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...threadid=28123 ). Blow away the EL, end of story.
__________________
Jack Travis, E-Series Acting President

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 06:24   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NSW/ACT
Posts: 3,023
Re: "My car is still faster" please!

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyXR6T
Despite the fact that I can blow them away if I want, I don't understand the point in trying. Would I try and race a 911, no! Whats the point? It's a faster car. I find the whole thing a little frustrating.....
Current non turbo 911s are at best low 13sec 1/4 mile cars, the XR6T should run high 13s with traction.....

As for previous 911s


But I wouldnt go around thinking your superior to all 'such and such' and all 'so and so' cars, you never know what the guy next to you has under the bonnet.
That VX exec next to you could be packing more than the usual V6
__________________
1993 ED XR6 M5 (1 of 329)
Polynesian Green
Turbo on the way!!
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 06:41   #5 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw
 
DansEdgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,176
I used to come up against wankers like that when i had my ED. Pretend they are not there and dont run them, just take your time. let them take off and leave the line about 2 seconds later, play with your radio or something and pretend to miss the light. Street racing is dangerous and these wanks may injur your nice new car.
Of course if they give you trouble blow them away and laugh at them and appropriately bag their POS at the next stop and blow them away again.
Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 07:02   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,386
I pulled up at a set of lights next to wanker in a little mirage that was lowered, mags exhaust etc.... Lights turn green, i give it about 1/2-3/4, it only reved out to 3000 before changing into second, and i left this mirage behind!! I knew he was trying cause i could hear his exhaust bellowing and the engine revving its guts out.

Any way, we get up to about 70(in a 60) and then i brake back down to 60, and he goes flying past me thinking he's hot shit....

PLEASE.........
__________________
EL driver...
Futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 22:09   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 382
Re: "My car is still faster" please!

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyXR6T
I'm not sure if you guys have this happen too often, but there is a guy where I work who has an EL Fairmont(auto) with a sports exhaust and thinks he would show my new XR6T(auto) up. At first when he was boasting I though it was a joke, but this idiot is serious. When I explained to him how his car is 80kw+ less powerfull and has done over 100,000 klm he came up with "yeah but its the way I drive though". Hmmm... didn't know there was more than one way to put your foot to the floor. Anyway, there has been other similar instances and I'm always getting little punks in V? commodores (mostly) trying to race me at lights now too. Despite the fact that I can blow them away if I want, I don't understand the point in trying. Would I try and race a 911, no! Whats the point? It's a faster car. I find the whole thing a little frustrating.....
I feel your pain. More often than not at a set of lights I meet a hero who wants a drag. Sometimes I'm a touch tempted and give it a bit of a squirt, but really.. what is the point?

What normally happens is the next set of lights you're informed of how shit your car is because their stocker kept up to you (when you were only taking it to 2000rpm each gear...)

There is no point in trying... and there is no point in attempting to convince someone that they don't have a chance. My fuel, tyres and wear and tear on the car mean more to me than showing up some chump I wouldn't know from a bar of soap. Put it into perspective and I'm sure your frustration will slowly creep away.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 22:48   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ocean Grove
Posts: 80
Re: Re: "My car is still faster" please!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rodp
I feel your pain. More often than not at a set of lights I meet a hero who wants a drag. Sometimes I'm a touch tempted and give it a bit of a squirt, but really.. what is the point?

What normally happens is the next set of lights you're informed of how shit your car is because their stocker kept up to you (when you were only taking it to 2000rpm each gear...)

There is no point in trying... and there is no point in attempting to convince someone that they don't have a chance. My fuel, tyres and wear and tear on the car mean more to me than showing up some chump I wouldn't know from a bar of soap. Put it into perspective and I'm sure your frustration will slowly creep away.
Yeah, you are correct. Its just the ignorance that gets to me I think. These guys think that because the cars is 'theirs' it goes hammer and tongs. You could show them any amount of power to weight figures, performance times etc, but they will turn a blind eye. But really, these kind of pathetic individuals are not worth worrying about. Perhaps I thought that the purchase of my car would come with certain credibility. Looking at it from that perspective, its probably just jealousy on the other guys part.
MartyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 23:10   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 382
Re: Re: Re: "My car is still faster" please!

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyXR6T
Yeah, you are correct. Its just the ignorance that gets to me I think. These guys think that because the cars is 'theirs' it goes hammer and tongs. You could show them any amount of power to weight figures, performance times etc, but they will turn a blind eye. But really, these kind of pathetic individuals are not worth worrying about. Perhaps I thought that the purchase of my car would come with certain credibility. Looking at it from that perspective, its probably just jealousy on the other guys part.
It gets to the best of us, but I bought my car because it met my needs and not the need for credibility on the street... and I'm sure if you dig deep enough, you'll find that's the reason you bought the car you bought. The purchase of your car came with loads of credibility - to you. Doesn't matter what Joe Nobody in his scrotary thinks. Let them fork out for speeding fines, or unravelling their car from a telegraph pole while you enjoy your ride. :-)
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 00:22   #10 (permalink)
Mercury Silver XR6t owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 242
just race them to the speed limit
__________________
Mercury Silver XR6T SSS leather, sunroof,reverse sensors, 18"s, DVD player,premium sound, Bilstien shocks and kingsprings, 267rwkw and more to come!!
OwnaXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"My Metal Baby"! BLUECOLLAR Ford Mustang Forum 1 07-02-2001 03:05

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:31.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.