my car.. a write off - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2003, 07:30   #1 (permalink)
what front end?

frown my car.. a write off

yerp thats right, front end un recocnisable due to me being in a situation where there was absolutly nothing i could do.

i was driving along a road, i came over a hill, sudenly there is a car quickly swerving to miss a car stopped in the middle of the road going to turn. by the time i seen what the car in front was swerving it was to late, i had no where to go, nothing to do but lock the brakes up and shut my eyes and hope there is no collision, the problem was the road was wet, and it kept sliding, bang, i open my eyes looking at the whole front of my car squashed in front of the wind screen..

so here i am, no car, a possible careless driving charge and insurance to pay out...all because of something which wasnt my fault and because of the councils lack of putting speed signs on the road, there is 100 signs at the other end of it but no signs at the end i was coming from, and i get told the speed limits 80, so if they dont have an explanation to why there are messed up speed signs on that road i am filing a law case against the council or who ever is responsible for the signs...

if i was doing the 80 that road is supposed to be my car couldve braked in time...so only time will tell waht happens from here.
wish me luck:(

written off
[LIM-OZN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2003, 07:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: my car.. a write off

doesn't sound like there was anything you could have done.....cause your eyes were closed!
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:14   #3 (permalink)
Finnaly back

thats Shit! damn! question, how did the other car swerve? like onto your side of the road or what? what sorta car was it? and how fast where you going? do you have any pics?
Chad_XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:25   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Not good atall mate. Good luck with your ordeal. What was your car?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:47   #5 (permalink)
what front end?

tranquelised: my eyes were shut becuase i was on lockup, i knew i was gonna hit so i pushed myself back into my seat, and shut my eyes to prevent glass getting in them if the glass smashed...pretty self explanitory.

chad_xf, the other car must have seen the car sitting there just in time,he swerved on to the gravel on the side of the road, i still dont understand how he didnt lose control. i didnt have time to do anything but lock up the millisecond i seen the car...i was travelling just under 100 kays...but because it was wet the car just kept sliding.

its hard to explain what happened...i was in no rush, i wasnt speeding, it was just unfortunate i was where i was at the time.

the road the car i hit was just over the hill, i had no idea it was there..so the last thing i was thinking of was a car sitting in the middle of the road. im just glad i know i didnt crash due to anything i did..just unlucky i suppose.

cobra, my car is an 86 fairlane..see the pics of it before the accident in the www link under my username.

written off
[LIM-OZN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:58   #6 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about this buddy, i hope physically you're fine........ as sad as it is the car can be replaced, your body cant.

Definately sounds like a decent dose of bad luck , from the sounds of it.... you've come over a blind crest behind the other car ,when it's swerved you've had nowhere to go ?

Hope everything gets taken care of with a minimum of fuss and you're back on the road soon!
st00pid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 13:20   #7 (permalink)

hey

thats what you call defence driving , shutting you eyes,

yer yer i no piss of you were not there.
slothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 14:40   #8 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Thats a shame lim-ozn... Best of luck on sorting everything out . . .

Might be worth challenging the careless driving charges - from what i understand the cops have to book the "at fault" party in any accident, but you can usually get off it, if its a genuine unavoidable accident that wasn't caused by you doing anything dumb... Check with a lawyer anyhow...
And chase up those signs ( perhaps take video footage asap ? ) !
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 15:59   #9 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

Sorry to hear it man. It really sux when your car is distroyed when it wasn't even your fault.

I don't quite understand whyyou had your eyes closed. Windscreens don't shatter!! Haven't done for 30 years.

Hopefully with ya pay out you can go out and buy a replacement car.. :)
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 17:16   #10 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

safety glass was fitted to fords in the earlie 20's man, but it's just a reaction he made and you weak pissants bagging him should go crash at 100km/h in to something. It's a natural reaction.

Yeah that really sux man hopefully your insurance don't stuff you around. What the hell caused the stopped person to stop in the middle of the road in a 100 zone is what I want to know!!!! If something goes wrong with your car you pull over quick smart and if it's over a crest why not at least roll down the hill??? If your lucky the moron stopped may go down for causing the accident one of the rare times a rear collision could not be your fault is if you had no opertunity to avoid the accident.
It's like if someone stopps in the middle of the road for no reason, if you had witnesses they would go down.
Oh well time for bed now see ya.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub