My car's RWkW figure... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2004, 02:30   #1 (permalink)
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)

My car's RWkW figure...

Hey guys, it's time for me to seek opinions from my wise and experienced FF.com members

Today I did some runs with the G-Tech (the original model, not the comp). My goal was to see if my engine was really making the power that the factory claims (200kW). It has no mods or anything other than a (slightly dirty ATM) K&N panel filter.

I got 220 HP, which is just over 160kW at the wheels. Assuming 20% drivetrain loss, this means my engine is making 200kW. I know the reading may have some degree of error, but hopefully the drivetrain sucks more than 20% of the power too, so I think it's safe to say my engine is making 200kW - what do you guys reckon??

Note: I programmed in 1800kg for the weight of my car. The brouchure I have reckons the kerb weight is 1710kg and I weigh 118kg and had a bit over half a tank of fuel. Do you think this would be a reasonably accurate weight to use (esp. any of you guys if you've ever weighed your utes)??

Thanks for any thoughts.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2004, 02:53   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Re: My car's RWkW figure...

Best way to try is to get it dynod mate. We could all sit and speculate, but you wont know still you got out. I got 152rwkw out of my stock AU1 XR8 auto. What transmission does your car have?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:56   #3 (permalink)
CK 302

Easier to just spend the 60 bucks and get it dynoed. I would figure on around a 30% drivetrain loss as well.
Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:25   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

MMM interesting to see you got 160 rwkw from your vertually stock 200kw,I personally think this is way over the top,and I personally believe the 200 kw's job's arn't 200kw.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:56   #5 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

But then again Cobra's "185kw" pulled 152rwkw... freak performer? usually the 200's pull those kind of figures...

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:56   #6 (permalink)

Cobra, it's an auto.

Yeah, I intend to get it dynoed when I can afford it, but aren't G-Techs generally considered to be pretty accurate (assuming my weight figure is accurate and it is used properly)? One aspect of the G-Tech I like is it gives real-world figures (ie. taking aerodynamic drag into account etc.) rather than 'controlled environment' figures.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:01   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

I don't know, I don't trust a G-tech though. Something about it. If it's times I want I'll go to the track. if it's power reading I want I will get on the dyno.

Steve, I noticed in your little thing up top it says auto. Sorry I missed before. Also what I'm curious though is you have up there AU3 XR8. Typo?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language

Last edited by Cobra; 08-10-2004 at 04:05. Reason: Add another sentence
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:20   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Steve, I noticed in your little thing up top it says auto. Sorry I missed before. Also what I'm curious though is you have up there AU3 XR8. Typo?
No probs. Typo? - what/why do you reckon it's a typo? Do you mean cause I put AU3 instead of AUIII?
Old 08-10-2004, 05:13   #9 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Actually G-Techs arent considered very accurate. Thats why all magazines use Correvits in their testing and comparos.

Id still like to have a G-Tech though, after all we'd all be using it for a bit of fun and a general idea of the cars performance. Exact figures are best left to the dynos.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub