My Comjputer Died!@ - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2004, 18:03   #1 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

My Comjputer Died!@

this is now day 3 with no computer at home... beware people when finding and deleting spyware manually... check al lthe files, coz i deleted a few small files, and my computer dont work..... i cant start windows at home... gonna reinstall windows xp tonight AGAIN hopefully it will work....
i am unablew to post any pics untill i get my computer fixed.... SORRY PEOPLE

oh.... and i saw the funniest guy today! ill tel, u all aoubt it when my comptuer is back online...

later people, and wish me luck with WORLD WAR 3: SAM vs HIS COMPUER!
lol

cheers...
Sam

ps. im at tafe playing quake 3 arena and other games vs toehr people on the network!... network admin is fun stuff :D

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

http://home.iprimus.com.au/diablo_vt/xeesp.swf
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2004, 18:18   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: My Comjputer Died!@

good luck with the PC and hope to see you back here soon!
Old 05-11-2004, 19:54   #3 (permalink)
{';'}

You silly bugger! Next time you should get Adaware and SpyBot, they do all that stuff for you without buggering your system.

Good luck (and I'm looking forwarding to reading another amusing story by you again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 19:56   #4 (permalink)
Mulberry Rain

Again... I cant stress this enough.

DO NOT REINSTALL WINDOWS XP. Boot off the CD and select the "Repair" option. It will save you a lot of heartache.
blueraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 20:00   #5 (permalink)

Next time use ad aware to remove spyware - much easier

http://www.lavasoft.de
Old 05-11-2004, 21:57   #6 (permalink)

You say select the repair option but when I did that I had to tell it what to do it had a "C/:Windows:" command or somethingi could no simply go repair and it knew what to do, this is windows people
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 23:04   #7 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Did you try safe mode and System Restore? I usually just use that when i cant be fukd "surfing" through the registry and install programs.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:40   #8 (permalink)

i used adaware, and spybot, and another one, also hack this.... still didnt work, i went into windowjs system32 dir... and found the files,... they were in th format "c_ a number . exe.... and there were also othefr files with c_000whatever.nls or sumthing, i deleted all of them... thinkin hte nls files were part of the crap... but it wasnt so.... and windows refused to reboot, it said put in the xp cd... and select restore, which i didnt have the cd the first night, yesterday frm tafe i got xp pro evaluation, and xp home, but i didnt want either, today i got the xp pro cd..the proper one....
i puit it in, and i also gothte command line thingy.... but there are 3 or 4 points whereyou can selesct restor..... 1 leads you to restore windows, (installs files, keeping settigns) the others give u the command line thingy (which sucks)... i reinstalled it, and it worked... now im back here :D but in the process of backing everythign up, for my new computer next week when i get it.....

btw, im studying to be a network admin i graduate in a monthish so yeh.. will be great....

if i had the proper cd 3 days ago, it would have been easy

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

Old 05-14-2004, 02:44   #9 (permalink)

So this repair thing off the CD, I'm thinking i might do it because windows is being a bit doddy and if it only repairs the windows files i cant see the harm, so if i get it right you boot off it and go to the repair option and it does its thing by itself? because im sure last time i had to tell it what to do.

Thanks guys
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:22   #10 (permalink)

bascially does it by it self.... you have to do some things, like the serial number... and yeh.... installs everything, keeping settings as they are... after it restored mine, when it starrted up, it looked like it was just before it died.....

great little thing restore is....

now, i can actually rightclick > properties of things, and i dont have to wait 5 mins for the window to come up

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub