My day on the road - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2003, 18:43   #1 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

My day on the road

It was one of the rare days that I drive the XR6 to work and everything started off fine until the start of the M2. Two trucks decided to drive side by side down the road, to be fair the one I was behind in the right hand lane was trying to overtake. It was the truck in the left lane that kept on speeding up.

That over and done with, I then had to contend with the usual idiots that sit in the right hand lane doing slower than the speed limit when there are no other cars around. When I went around a woman in a Magna, she took exception to that and decided to speed up, I just let her go and passed her at the toll booth as I have an E tag.

Driving up Epping road, I was just about to pass a truck when out of nowhere a moron in his rodeo came up behind the truck and cut me off (if I didnít brake he would of went over my bonnet). I was doing a little bit over the limit, God knows how much he was doing. This annoyed the hell out of me so I flashed my lights at him. He slammed on his brakes then started to weave all over the road. Not just side to side gently, I mean he was worse than a race car trying to get heat in the tyres during warm up. Not only did he nearly take out the Statesman next to him but he narrowly missed hitting the razor rail dividing the lanes. As well as this, he would slam his brakes on for no reason, compression lock up the car, accelerate wildly and crunch the gears. This bloke was obviously drunk or stoned. He finally headed towards the North Shore.

Then I had to contend with the idiot that donít realise what the E tag only lane is for on the tunnel, so they hold everybody up while they wait for help as the is no coin basket.

Going home wasnít too bad. I missed 2nd gear coming out of the car park. I hate my gear box until it warms up. Iíve vowed to buy the BA in auto if I get the XR6T. Had the usual ricer try and drag me along Epping road and M2. They just get the shits and stop trying after a while. I had a woman in a small car try to race me to a round about that you can only turn left in one lane. Then I had to contend with riceboy in his 2nd hand Skyline at the next round about. He couldnít beat me through there and just annoyed everybody on the road by constantly changing lanes to try and get ahead of me.

Sitting in the left hand lane at the lights at Sunnyholt road, when I hear a car beside me, in the left hand side. This stupid woman in a QLD registered car was driving along the foot path so she didnít have to wait in traffic. She drove around the corner on the footpath then got back on the road. How idiotic are some people?

Riceboy in the Skyline finally got around me when I was slowed up by a truck, no doubt convinced that his car is quicker than mine. I couldnít have cared less, I was two streets from home all I wanted to do was get there!

No wonder there is road rage. I was ready to kill someone yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2003, 19:19   #2 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warriorô

Mate I TOTALLY know what you are talking about...
I don't know what driving schools are teaching people these days. I try to look at all cars around me because always know SOMEONE has to be a race car driver and you have to be extra careful.

There's been many a time where i just pulled over so certain rice boy clubs can just leave me alone. I don't look... I drive normally and still they want to race. For crying out loud, these are public roads. If you want to race go hire out a racetrack please.

I think they should stop speed camers and invent IDIOT CAMERASô. The government would make double the money. I still think a bigger police presence will make people drive safely.
Old 04-03-2003, 21:40   #3 (permalink)

Certainly sounds likeyou had a bad day Jamie, good to hear you finally made it home in one piece (hope the gearbox is OK). I couldn't imagine doing that everyday. I'm still wondering WTF was going on with that Qld woman driving on the footpath? More cops, not more speed camera are what's needed as XWJG34 says. These sort of antics lead to road deaths, not driving a few km/h over the limit on a multi-lane road in clear sunny conditions.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 02:26   #4 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
I'm still wondering WTF was going on with that Qld woman driving on the footpath?
I thought that the idiot in the Rodeo was the worse driving I had ever seen until that woman drove up the footpath. She would have travelled at least 200 metres along it and to go around a corner on the footpath? What would have happened if a kid on his pushie came around that corner? It was a good thing that she was in a fairly small car as she had to drive between the fences and telegraph poles.

Where are the police when you need them? I should have wrote down her rego but I just couldn't stop shaking my head at how stupid it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub