My disgust with my local Ford dealer. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2004, 01:27   #1 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

My disgust with my local Ford dealer.

I thought I would post this as a new topic as I didn't want to ruin other people's thread's about their experiance's with their dealer's but here's my story,
Today I had my AU II XR8 booked into my local dealer to have the lastest recall work done, and I was also heading off to Melbourne too, I had to do this 1st thing, so I was on their doorstep at 9am, but to my disgust they had no history off my booking that I had made 5 week's ago, and because they didn't know I was coming they refused to do the work and they also said that they don't do the recall's on the weekend because they need two mecahnic's on duty to do the job, why I asked, well they say because they have to use the welder, one does the welding, the other spot's for arch's etc, what a crook of shit I said, as if I wasn't allready anoyed that they had misplaced my booking but then to be told shit like this, and to make matter's worse I had actually booked my vehicle in 10 odd week's ago on another Sat morning but I had to cancel this booking as I was unable to keep it, so I rang up and booked it again for today and when I remade this booking there was no talk/mention that they don't do the recall's on the weekend, at this stage I was really PISSED, and ofcourse the service manager was not there so I expressed mt feeling's and left, but I am going to ring up the ,manager on Monday morning and tell them I am totally disgusted, not as much as My time was wasted but the fact I had made this booking twice on a Sat and nothing was mentioned about how they don't do them on Sat's,
They are going to have to do it on a Sat because that's the only time I will let them have my vehicle, why you may ask because I do not trust them and there is no way I am leaving my vehicle there un-attended with them while I am at work durring a week day, I have heard to many bad story's about them to be able to trust them.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2004, 02:21   #2 (permalink)
Not Guilty, Your Honour

Re: My disgust with my local Ford dealer.

What ever happened to customer service?
Seems like they have you over a barrel living in Bendigo. Is there any other dealer in Melbourne that could possibly do the work while you wait if you were down here?

Let the service manager know how you feel about this and more importantly let the dealer principal know because it’s bull***t like this that I remember when it’s time to buy a new car.

Cheers, Danny

Herrod XR8 ute for sale. too many extras to list.
Check it out here.

http://www.fordforums.com/f564/herrod-xr8-ute-66083/

http://www.fordgallery.com/showgalle...00&ppuser=9077
Full Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:37   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

i actually know the old service manager from ford in bendigo. great guy and he still does all my grand dads work from his own shed. as you can tell he has left ford for good and he himself even admits the service is crap these days.
persist with it and it will get done.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:22   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Galaxy that's a shame mate. I can tell you now FOR A FACT that you only need one person to perform the recall, and that it can be performed any day it only takes 5 minutes max.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 03:27   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Sounds like they are being pretty dodgy mate!
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 19:25   #6 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

most ford dealers are arrogant cocks!!!The only good guy i have heard of here is RATT from peter warren here in sydney.
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 19:40   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
most ford dealers are arrogant cocks!!!The only good guy i have heard of here is RATT from peter warren here in sydney.
Now there's a wide sweeping statement. Perhaps you should read the other positive comments on here from the experiences of others - there are a number of dealershiups that have been praised for their service and even if they are in the minority they should be acknowledged (and supported) by this forum.

Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 19:50   #8 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Now there's a wide sweeping statement. Perhaps you should read the other positive comments on here from the experiences of others - there are a number of dealershiups that have been praised for their service and even if they are in the minority they should be acknowledged (and supported) by this forum.

Russ
Mate fair enough ...I have had little luck with ford dealers here in Sydney and i have been treated with a lot of contempt by them.If you must know ive thrown myself into the deep end of mechanical repairs because of the lack of common courtesy and customer service here.Now I can say I will not apologise for my comments as i have yet to see a decent level of proffessionalism and common courtesy over my 13-14 years in the installation game..The bum steer yes ,bullcrap..yes ..Now just with regards to the au falcon recall why is ford so dumb that they are welding the bolt on??Why dont they do the job properly /..remove the steerring rack cross drill the thread and install a castle nut with a split pin as they do in ball joint and the likes or do they have to wait for some nobody like me to tell them how??My au was recalled as well but i will not let ford touch my car .I have not called them to book it in and will not call them.I will address my vehicles problem with the proper approach which is not the shortcut and backyard manner inm which ford australia repair this fault!!f they want to talk the talk then they should walk the walk!!!PS AS I have mentioned before time and time again ratt has proven himself as agood guy..
Old 09-04-2004, 20:02   #9 (permalink)
RACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw

Russ
I have to agree with rus on this one. There are some very good people out there in the dealer network but not much is said about them as most people tend not to report good service as much as bad.
Old 09-04-2004, 20:11   #10 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
I have to agree with rus on this one. There are some very good people out there in the dealer network but not much is said about them as most people tend not to report good service as much as bad.
RATT..i had no intention of offending you or your counterparts who are willing and are capable of doing the right things.Perhaps the bad experiences of my past have clouded my present judgement..and sometimes the pain still lingers long after the event...Still if you were to go into a shop and they treated you in a bad way ..or with a rude manner..would you be willing to go back???

Just because ford is ford it hardly excuses the problems...people should not expect that i bow down to them on this basis..I know that the ultimate customer service and quality in workmanship has made me one of the top 5 exponents in my field here in Sydney.I work on my own and have abundant work..I am not even in the yellow pages...And I am certain after recent conversations with you and the good things that people say about you that you will become the number one in your field because of the same principles that i apply to my business.If the opriginal poster of this post were here in Sydney I would send him to you!!!And definately not anyone else..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub