Picture, day of purchase!
Since the AU XR6 was released and advertised on TV(The liquid silver one) I said to myself " Mike! Your going to buy that car someday sonny! "
It turns out I got the car a lot sooner then I anticipated. I worked from year 10 until Uni(present) and I found myself in a position to buy a car with a tiny bit of assistance from my old man.
Deciding which car to buy became more difficult then I first expected. I was tempted to switch to the dark side and buy a GTS-T, however being 6'5 did not make life comfortable in a Jap car, nor did the price of insurance. With that out of the question the option remained to get the Supercharged VT SS that my cousin was selling, however insurance was again a hurdle.
So as if it was a stroke of fate I ended up in a Ford car yard. The salesman came up to me and asked if he could help me. I replied that I would probably be interested in viewing any 2nd hand EL/AU XR6's he had in the yard. He said there was one that would probably suit my budget, and he invited me to take a look.
So I go along and wham! There is my dream Liq Silver XR6. We check on insurance and it seems I am eligible.
Alas here I am with my S1 AU XR6 and all I can seem to do is find something to gripe about. Basically I have saved up another $1,500, however I dont want to mod anything without knowing roughly what it will look like. The problem here is that I have yet to see a modded SERIES 1 AU XR6 in my entire life so I have no idea what to touch atm. Also my hands on experience with cars is not fantastic.
Here are my gripes:
* Front of the S1 XR looks like a missile compared to the S2/3
* S Rims are starting to bug me
* Car needs major lowering, however I need to decide what rims to buy before that happens. Got my eye set on the S2 Tick fords I think. Finding a good price is the next step.
* Considering saving a bit more and just buying a kit without spending money on rims.
* Car *feels* slower then my friends VS Executive. The car is just so smooth that you cant feel its kick. My dad's EL Fairmont feels faster. Don’t really want to race my dad's car for obvious reasons including killing someone or losing my ability to drive a car at all eheh.
In any case I have 1,500 to spend at the moment and I really dont have much experience in the car mod business. If you people have any experience with S1 AU owners would have modded their machines I would appreciate the advise.
I try to read as much of the posts on here as possible to learn a few things, however when you guys start talking technical I start getting confused. I think I need a webpage that explains the dynamics of each engine component.
Hope I did not bore you with my long story ;p