my easter weekend - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2002, 12:23   #1 (permalink)
Master

my easter weekend

hey fello ford fans, happy easter.

Well, i went 2 Mildura 4 the weekend with my dad, a couple of his mates and my girlfriend 2 watch the ski racing there. Was ne1 else there??? i got my P's last monday, so i went cruising at mildura with my gf. On Friday and Saturday night was the best as there were some pretty sik cars cruising down there. it was my first real cruise scince i got my P's, and i have 2 say it was pretty sik. I had a drag with some model statsman, 300zx and an eb.
Statsman- he went to over take me in an 80 zone and laughed at me when he was overtaking me so i put my foot down, caught up so we were even then he toke of so i did i got in front of him by about 2 1/2 car lengths @ 140. Then i had to turn in2 were i was staying so he kept goin around the same speed and there were cops sitting in a patrol car about 300 metres down so he got booked... i knew they were there coz i went passed therm about 30 mins b4 this happened.
300zx- Pulled up next to me, started revin his engine so i did the same, waited for the lights and toke off. i was keeping up then he left me 4 dead.. it was expected though.
EB- thiz guy drove up next to me in an EB fairmont w/ 5 spd, asked me about my car. when we pulled up 2 a set of lights he toke off. i was catching him then he must have dropped it in 5th and left me behind...

That was my story, i hope uz all enjoyed it....

and people in S.A, lets organise a car cruise...

-Master-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2002, 12:38   #2 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

what u mean?

What do you mean the guy in the EB dropped it in 5th? You mean he put it into 5th gear or what ? Coz if that is what you mean then you shoulda passed him easily, less acceleration in 5th than the lower gears.
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 12:41   #3 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

"then he must have dropped it in 5th and left me behind..."
What the hell does that mean?

By the way. I wouldn't recommend you racing all these cars and screaming around @ 140 if you have only just got your P's.
No matter what you think, experience counts. You may think of me as a tosser now for what i just said but I bet most people on this board will agree with me that having P platers racing around is a recipe for disaster.

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 12:55   #4 (permalink)

Re: what u mean?

Glad to see you had a good easter :) My weekend went something like this.

Friday: Sat around at home doing nothing all day - It sux when it is raining and nothing is open! Saw 'The Ladies Man', hehe, excellent movie :)

Saturday: Worked all day, then I went straight from work to the MCG to watch the Mighty Bombers kick some Geelong ass - without doubt the highlight of the weekend.

Sunday: I was forced in to helping out my parents around the house, lots of odd jobs and stuff.

Monday: Again worked all day, though not complaining as I was being paid double time and a half, same on Saturday!

Across the weekend I got 1 out of 8 for footy tipping! My Bombers are the only team I can rely on.

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 14:50   #5 (permalink)
Master

5th

ummmm, well im not sure if he put it in 5th gear or not but he left me 4 dead. sorry about saying he dropped it in 5th- thats my way of talking.
i have liked cars my whole life and have been round them my whole life so the 1st thing im gona do is race some loser in a holden coz he thinks hes better than me. not all holden drivers r like that but most of them are... im not 1 of those people that say all holdens are shit coz i admit when i see a good 1, like my gf's dads vx ss commodore which pumps out 380 kw with a few minor mods, cant wait till i get behind the wheel
ash good 2 hear bout ur weekend but the bombers are no match for my fav team Brissy Lions...

-Master-
Old 04-02-2002, 15:55   #6 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Re: 5th

hmmm...does anybody else reckon we have a new candidate for the monthly 'Ben award'?

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 16:20   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Re: 5th

One question: is your car manual? Otherwise I don't know how you'd keep up with a 300ZX for even a second. The vast majority of 300ZXs are manual because when new, the optional 4 speed automatic transmission cost something like $7,000. And considering they are dedicated sports cars, they don't exactly have a 3 speed transmission...

Other than that, I'll agree with Zomwit that it is easy to get overconfident. Don't forget that the liscence testing system is a joke - even if you pass with 100% flying colours, you could still be a bad driver.
Glad you enjoyed the weekend anyways :)

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 17:24   #8 (permalink)
boost

300zx

not all 300's are turbo and a 1700kg they are very sluggy, atmo ones are slow
Old 04-02-2002, 17:27   #9 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Re: 300zx

None of the officially imported ones ones were turbocharged.

The local version weighed 1490 kgs, and produced 168 kWs. 0-100 time was 7.9 seconds according to Wheels.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 17:34   #10 (permalink)
boost

well that contradicts my info but yours seems more beleiveable, but i have raced heaps of them and they are slow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub