My Falcon website is closing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2003, 04:05   #1 (permalink)

My Falcon website is closing

Some of you may know that I own this website:

http://www.fl.net.au/~chris/

It was one of the first Australian Falcon sites on the net (established in 1995), even predating ford.com.au (on Falcon info anyway).

I decided it was time to give it up as I've gone cable and no longer need a dialup account. As such this site will be no more probably in about 24 hours.

The discussion boards on this site was I guess the precursor to FF and BON, if you look hard you may even see the odd post from DK, xr_strider etc.

I originally started this site to learn HTML. I remember using notepad to do most of the coding in the beginning. In time I eventually moved to Hotdog and Frontpage.

If you were a past visitor to my site thanks for all your support over the years.

Chris
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2003, 04:22   #2 (permalink)

frown

Sorry to hear that Chris but I guess it's the way things are,always sad to lose a pet project. Hope the next one is bigger and better.
Old 02-27-2003, 20:45   #3 (permalink)
Rail Rider

The first Ford site I visited when I got on the net.

Sad to see it go.
Old 02-27-2003, 20:59   #4 (permalink)
We Love Greb Murpy

Hey yeah! I remember that one!
Thanks for that AF
ford.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 00:17   #5 (permalink)

What a shame it has to close.

Couldnt you just host it on the four free webspace accounts u get with your cable?
PHoeNiX_EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:50   #6 (permalink)
TQE FAIRMONT GHIA

I love the HO Down the Hume story!! I printed it out and hung it on my wall! What a shame to see this site go!
Old 02-28-2003, 04:13   #7 (permalink)
EFXR62

Aussie Falcon, your site was the only site that had the specifications on my EF XR6 when i was searching for them about a year ago.. I have my own webspace and domain at www.yagz.com , and i'd love to give you yagz.com/*whatever-you-want-here* so you can host it...

I don't want to see such a good site go to waste. Email me at xr6@yagz.com and we can work something out.. I'm on a 100mbps optic link with loads of webspace, so feel free to contact me to talk about it further,

Cheers,
Yagz
Old 02-28-2003, 05:11   #8 (permalink)
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"

Yeah man email me if you want to leech of my server. I'd be happy to chuck you a domain. http://www.aussiefalcon.burnoutworld.com ? Or even register http://www.aussiefalcon.com through Click'N'Go an Australian company for $30 per year.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:21   #9 (permalink)

The site is now gone. Thanks for all your offers. As the entire site only occupies 4.5mb I'll probably use my FF diskspace. I'll ftp it in a couple of weeks time as I'll be interstate and won't have time.

Nowadays it's very easy to get info on Falcons, especially now that Fords web site is so good. As such I hadn't bothered updating it the lately. I'll give a quick update and repost it if there is enough demand.

In case you missed you can still access it here http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...net.au/~chris/
Old 03-04-2003, 02:47   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Hi Chris,

Just read this thread since i've been away for a few days.
Yes it is sad to see your site go. I remember printing an article on the XR6 from yoursite yeears before i actually met you. Would been around 1996 when i was in high school. Your site was the only falcon site around. I think i still have the print around.

Cheers,
Gary.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub